Can anyone help me please

ARamos1969
on 4/25/13 6:22 am - MA
Basically I had RYN bypass surgery 2010 . 3 months later I came down with ulcers in my pouch and have had ongoing complications until just recently diagnosed with Bacteria Overgrowth in my small intestine that is connected to my remanence stomach the rx they want me on cost $ 1000 which $ 280 will be my copay and it is only for 7 days. From what I understand this is uncommon and after the medication there Is no guarantee not to come back and I will need antibiotics intermittently for the rest of my life. Can anyone let me know if you know information regarding this ty
Breexanna
on 5/5/13 4:22 am

Well the best advice I can give you is, if your in the MA area the go see Dr David Lautz he works out of MGH and Emerson hospital now. He is one of the best bariatric surgeons in the world and has been known to fix issues other surgeons aren't able to I'm not saying you don't have a good surgeon but sometimes you need a second opinion. Also and no judgment especially because they didn't't even know this until recently but are you smoking? They have found smoking after weight loss surgery can cause bleeding ulcers in your pouch. Anyway good luck I hope this gets straightened out for you.

ARamos1969
on 5/11/13 9:14 pm - MA
Brianna,

Thank you very much in regards to my post. Currently I am treating with 4 different doctors. My surgeon has been very good and accommodating. I agree a second opinion is needed. I am going to see Chief of gastric bypass surgery Shikora for a second opinion. I just started the process but thank god the records are from the same place. I Have never smoked a day in my life, I use to drink I miss it but don' t need further issues. I have taken the name of your daughter and put it in my iPad . I will let you know what is said. THANK U tons.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2250 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views