Nothing more than just hello

reikilady7
on 2/4/13 8:32 pm - MA

Hello - I am new to message boards, weight loss surgery, support groups etc. recent surgery 2 weeks ago, now feeling "out there" would like to connect occasionally with others in Ma. I had my surgery at Emerson Hospital Dr.Lautz Concord, my experience was very good and I feel great. How about you ?? 

iwanttochangemylife
on 3/16/13 8:51 am - Acton, MA
RNY on 04/08/13

Hello, I am new here too. I'm scheduled to have my gastric bypass with Dr. Lautz on April 8. I love Dr. Lautz! How was your experience at Emerson Hospital? I would appreciate any information you can provide me. Hope you are still feeling great! 

Cindyagogo
on 3/18/13 12:02 am
RNY on 02/21/12

I had my bypass at the BI done by Dr. Jones. He was terrific...the whole program is.  We are fortunate to live in an area where there is such a concentration of excellent health care!! I have heard good things about Emerson.

Best wishes on your journey(s)!

Cindy

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 9:24 am

Hello, I am new here as well. I am currently waiting for approval from my insurance. It is good to know we can go somewhere and talk to people about our concerns and also our good moments. My support groups are only once a month and sometimes you just need to talk to someone sooner.

reikilady7
on 3/18/13 11:22 am - MA

hi jacasjacas,  u are so right about support often we need it when we least suspect it. i wish you luck with your iinsurance company. where are your monthly group meetings'?  keep in touch.  reikilady

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/13 2:08 pm

Same to you. This is a life changing experience. The only ones that can agree,and or comment are ones going through it. So here is to US....We will get through this.

bostonbabe369
on 3/19/13 12:29 am - Stoughton, MA

Hi jacas!

I am new to this forum too! Are you seeing a doctor at St. Elizabeth's Hospital? That is where I hope to have my surgery. I am just starting the process.  I would love to hear your input about their program. I hope you hear about your approval soon. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/13 2:41 am

Hi bostonbabe,

Yes I will be having my surgery at St Elizabeth's. My surgeon Nicole Pecquex is amazing. She takes the time to get to know you and never rushes you out of the office. I am glad that I am going through this procedure with her. They set up all your appointments for you and make sure you are on top of everything. She is very strict about losing 5 % of your body weight prior to surgery though. So if you have not already weighted in. Don't start to lose any weight yet. As soon as you weigh in at her office start your diet that day. I have been at this now for 5 months and I have not dropped my weight yet. It is almost impossible for me. I know a few people who lost 40-50 pounds before their surgery. LOL I definitely will not be one of those.

Best of luck to you during this journey. Keep me posted on how things are going for you.

bostonbabe369
on 3/19/13 7:59 am - Stoughton, MA

I will be seeing Dr. Anthony Mccluney at Good Samaritan in Brockton, but the surgery is performed at St. Elizabeth's. I meet with him next Monday. I will keep you informed on how everything is going. Did they make you do a 6 month medically supervised diet? I am feeling very anxious. I have never had any type of surgery except dental. Spring is about here? LOL. I am going to try to start walking and getting out more. I hope this will not be a long, drawn out process. I have Masshealth and I am worried about approval.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2250 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views