Beth Israel WLS program

jamiebrain
on 8/7/12 2:35 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Wooo, one week from today.  Getting a little nervous.  ;)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

rsassyjackie
on 8/8/12 12:51 am - MA
 It is very nerve wrecking but such a beautiful journey! I can't believe next Monday will be my 6 month surgiversary! Time does fly! I am 80 lbs down from my highest weight ever, still  have 49lbs to loose! I hope everything goes well and I have to say it is very difficult and painful initially but with time it does get better. You may even regret doing it after a the first week or so but it does get better! Are you telling everyone about the surgery or keeping quiet about it?

jamiebrain
on 8/8/12 2:58 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Congrats on your loss, that's great! 

I've never had surgery of any kind before so I'm a little clueless on what to expect.  But I do have the anticipation that pain will be a big part of it! lol.  I'm telling some people but not everyone.  I have a gossipy, pain in the rear kind of office.  My family mostly knows.  Everyone who does know is generally supportive.  I've only had one snide comment from one person (my mother in law) who then quickly backtracked when she figured out how she sounded.  Of course she's like a size 2.  I just say...whatever!

rsassyjackie
on 8/8/12 11:25 am - MA
 Thank you!
I am quite lucky that I had a nice roommate when I had my surgery and we keep in touch. We usually touch base at least once a day. It's nice to be able to bounce off feelings that unless you have gone through what we have, just can't be understood by the average person. If you are lucky to be in a room with someone who had the surgery you might want to exchange #'s. This has been very helpful for both my roommate as well as myself. We went to a sox game and her and her family came to my daughter's birthday party. We also have plans for future events in the next couple of weeks. 
I have my 6 month appt next Wednesday, if you would like I could stop in to see you after my appt. ?   Something else that was helpful was the support groups that are held @BI. 
I took off 3 months from work, when I went back there was so much gossip going around. It's amazing how people can make you feel so bad about doing something good for yourself! Friends have moved on once they realize I am no longer the token fat chic. 
I wish you well on your journey. If you have any future questions feel free to ask and if you would like a visit from someone who has been where you are going let me know, like I said I will be there on Wednesday for an appt. --Good luck

jamiebrain
on 8/8/12 11:36 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 I do hope to be roomed up with someone who can relate, I think that would be super-helpful.  That's a super sweet offer to stop by Wednesday!  I think that would be really nice, if you have the time to spare.  

I'll be out of work for 4-6 weeks, and people know it but don't necessarily know why...I think the gossip mill is already spinning.  

I'll send you a message with my full name so you can find me Wednesday if you have the time.  

rsassyjackie
on 8/8/12 1:07 pm - MA
 No Problem Jamiebrain! lol  I will see u b4 my appt. So I will pass through around 1pm.  Stay calm you are in good hands and it's a wonderful journey which you are beginning.--Jackie

jamiebrain
on 8/9/12 6:47 pm - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 Awesome!
:)

rsassyjackie
on 8/17/12 10:11 pm - MA
 Jamie! How are you doing??? Hopefully you are well and at home! Keep me posted on ur recovery!

jamiebrain
on 8/18/12 10:08 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
Hey!  I'm home and doing OK.  Can't tell you what it meant that you stopped by, that was so sweet!  :)
I'm getting water in more or less OK.  Struggling on the protein but Dr. Andrews said to expect that so I'm not to worried about it.  He said the first week or so staying hydrated was more important and that I'll get there with the protein.  :)

I am glad to be home!

rsassyjackie
on 8/18/12 11:03 am - MA
 Glad you are home! He is right better to stay hydrated and work on the protein. It does get easier. Don't stress just do ur best! I'm glad to have made the visit, especially once I found out that you didn't have a surgie-buddy. Please feel free to text or call with questions or just how your feeling. Keep up the good work and keep me posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views