Surgery Brigham& Women

alasvolattpropriis
on 1/4/12 10:41 am - MA
VSG on 02/08/12
Hi! I'm having surgery Feb 8th at Brigham and Women I was wondering if anyone out there has had surgery there or at Faulkner Hospital? If you have when, where, and who was your Doctor?? 
cancancan
on 1/7/12 7:41 am - Gloucester, MA
 Hi!  I had my RNY surgery at Brigham and Women's with Dr. Lautz in June of 2010.  He came highly recommended through a doctor of mine on the North Shore. I could not have had a better experience.  I have six tiny scars, some of which I can't even find now.  I experienced very little pain, even in the hospital.  I don't know if my experience is unusual, but I give him all the credit.  I'm  in my 50's so expected to have a rougher recovery than I have heard others experiencing, but I did not.  All of the staff were super cautious about everything.  I have lost about 70% of the excess weight, but that's because I don't exercise as much as I should, although it is a lot more than before surgery, because now I have the energy and the incentive!  Pre-surgery I was concerned with how much the program you have to follow post surgery would impact my life, but it has just become the new normal for me.  As long as you follow the guidelines, you should see the results you want. Good luck with your journey, and I hope you will be happy with the results.  

Alyson M.
on 1/9/12 2:11 am - Dennis Port, MA
You will do great! I had my RNY with Dr Lautz 7 years ago and I cannot say enough about him & his staff. Everyone is courteous, the hospital itself is quite clean & nice. Dr Lautz has a wonderful bedside manner and is VERY thorough. I recently had another laparoscopic surgery that he did and am still impressed with his skills and thoroughness. He caught something that no other doctor even THOUGHT of, and I am thankful for that. It's amazing to go to his office even for a checkup & talk to other people who, like you, are nervous. I love being able to reassure people that the doctor & hospital they have chosen is good, I know it helps! Good luck & see you on the losing side!

310/229/132/160 (highest/current/lowest/goal)

cody62809
on 1/18/12 10:25 pm - MA
RNY on 01/31/12

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 31st @ Faulkner.  While my surgery is with Dr. Chung (new to B&W), it is still good to hear about the good experiences people had at the hospital and with the program.  Best of luck to everyone!

Submitted:  11/23/11, Approved:  12/14/11, Surgery Date:  1/31/12; HW:  285, CW:  188  
Sunshine6102
on 1/25/12 4:08 am - Everett, MA
I had Dr. Lautz surgery 4/26/10 I have lost 95% of my excess body weight and I owe it all to him!! he is a miracle!! you will do great!!

seanbear66rn
on 1/26/12 3:14 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
 Had my lap band done in 07....He then strictly by coincidence did emergency G.I. surgery on my mother on July 4Th  2010. I love Eileen his administrative assistant. The hospital is very very good. I am a nurse at Children's next door. I was hospitalized there 2 times this year with aspiration pneumonia. The first time for 4 days. I am having a revision from the lap band to a VSG on 4/6. At the moment the head of the barriatric surgical department at Children's is studying under Lautz. OK  I hope this helps
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

C J
on 1/30/12 12:48 am - Franklin, MA
Congratulations on your revision, you're going to love RNY vs Band!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views