New Member and looking for info

SapphireEyes
on 11/1/11 3:28 pm - Quincy, MA
 Hi.  My name is Erin.  I am just starting out in making the decision to have surgery.  I am really nervous about this decision and all the possibilities and choices.  I am considering going to an informational session later this month at Tufts Medical Center.  I will be seeing my primary care physician on Thursday.  Should I tell her about the information session and ask her opinion?  She has mentioned weight loss surgery to me before, two years ago.  
I am also concerned about discussing these issues with my parents, my mother in particular.  She has said things to me in the past that suggest that she is not really in favor of WLS.  I know she fears complications and things like that.  Does anybody have tips on talking to family members?
I live just outside of Boston, so I would like to find a surgeon in the city.  Who are some good surgeons that you know?
Any advice would be helpful.

DebH.
on 11/6/11 11:29 pm - Berkley, MA
I had Dr. Sunny Shaw at Tufts. She is really a great doctor. I also go to a Weight Loss Support Group for people that either have had the surgery or are considering it in Bridgewater. I went there before my surgery and it was very helpful. You hear the good and bad, people that have had everything go smooth and people that have had complications. All of my family were against me having it, but now I am 15 months out and don't regret a thing. I haven't been a size 6 since I was in 7th grade. I feel 35 now not 53. Good luck with your decision.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views