New to OH, Just saying Hi.

kangajb
on 11/2/11 11:44 am - Lynn, MA
So my husband and I recently made the decision that I would go ahead with WLS after going to a clinic for over a year and a half and trying various treatment methods with no success.  We made the decision on 10/12/11, and my surgery is scheduled for 12/7/11.  I will be having the vertical sleeve gastrectomy at Mass General.  My story seems to be the opposite of most in that once we decided on surgery, things are moving very quickly, so I haven't had very long to process everything.  However, it took me a very long time to come to this decision, mainly because of all the negative associations people have with it and my own doubts about whether or not I would be able to stand not being able to eat my favorite foods like I was used to.  Now those doubts have shifted more to nerves and the associations fell by the wayside when no other treatments worked and I realized that this may be my only option if I wanted to reach my health and pregnancy goals sometime in this life.

Anyway, that is the short version of my story.  Just thought I would pop in and say Hi to all the locals here on OH.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4437 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views