Anyone had or having surgury at Umass worcester?

Sunshine2012A
on 8/1/11 11:34 am
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone has had or is having surgery at Umass.. I have yet to begin but recently went to the orientation.  I think it will be a lenghty process .  I was hoping to here from some people who could share how there experience went at Umass. How long from start to surgery date also.

Alittle about me. I'm in my thirty's. Over 400lbs.  So ready at this point in my life to take this step.

Thanks
Mara C.
on 8/4/11 3:19 am - Millbury, MA
Hey there,

I had my surgery at UMass coming up on two years ago almost.  Great place, people and doctors.  It took about 9 months from the time I went to the orientation until I had the surgery.  It is worth the wait!  Hang in there and best of luck to you!!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Sunshine2012A
on 8/4/11 3:32 am
Thank you very much! Cant wait!
C J
on 8/4/11 11:41 am - Franklin, MA
I didn't have surgery at UMass but I did have surgery (RNY)back in January.... best thing I EVER did :-)

Congrats on taking the first step!
Cusscusscutie
on 8/11/11 11:40 pm, edited 8/14/11 3:30 am - MA
I just had surgery at Umass and it was a great experience! The nurses are fantastic and very caring! The doctors are wonderful as well! Very thorough program! They said they can do it in 5-6 months if you are diligent however I decided to wait till the summer for surgery. So it took longer

MrsClaus09
on 8/14/11 1:37 am
Cusscuss - congrats on your surgery!  I had no idea you had surgery at Umass!  You must've been one of their first (if not the FIRST) VSG for them! Yay for them moving forward!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Cusscusscutie
on 8/14/11 1:50 am - MA
I think I was! Everytime they asked what surgery they would say bypass or band? I would say sleeve and there was always a short pause! Dr. Cohen is the only one that performs these surgeries and he was great!

MrsClaus09
on 8/14/11 9:43 pm
That's awesome!! So happy you're on the bench!!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Down200Pounds
on 8/12/11 10:02 pm - MA
i have had 3 scopes at umass, and currently i am seeing dr. john kelley at umass as i have to have my siliastic ring removed. i have had nothing but great experiences there, good luck!
Ginny, Orange, MA
RNY with Silastic Ring: 7/3/03~Dr. Alan Newhoff, Phoenix, AZ
Total Weight Loss:  #200
[email protected]

HollDobs
on 8/29/11 10:03 am - MA
I'm having my surgery at Umass Worcester. I'm waiting to finish a program for my insurance company and then I can meet with the surgeon. I went to the informational meeting in Feburary and will hopefully talk to the surgeon in October. Good luck with your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views