Addicted to Ice Coffee...ME???

MommyosaRose
on 7/20/11 4:38 am
Pre-op and up until this summer, I was never a coffee drinker because I simply didn't like the taste of coffee and only once in a Blue Moon would I have a Dunkin Donuts ice coffee with extra cream and extra sugar (to improve the taste), but this summer I seem to be addicted to the darn thing! I make my own because I certainly cannot afford to buy Dunkin Donuts all the time and dang flabit they are sooo good I can't stop drinking them!!! I don't make protein coffee, so I'm drinking it just regular with FF half & half, a shot of French Vanilla and Splenda to taste. I feel like am doing something wrong by not adding some protein to it. How bad is that? Anyone else on this coffee kick that didn't like it before???

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

Marcia C.
on 7/21/11 4:54 pm - Holden, MA
ME ME ME!!!!

I don't put in protein but that is a great idea!!!

I was thinking of using the sf carnation instant breakfast.... wonder how that would be!

I do get the DD ones.... about one a day.. medium.... but I was talking with my husband about the plateau I have been on and I am going to start making my own at home... save money too!

Hopefully save some calories and now added protein!

Thanks for the great idea! I am going to try it right away!

P.S. just finished an ice cofffee from DD before finding this post!

MommyosaRose
on 7/22/11 2:18 am

If you want to make it at home and add some protein, check out this link to Click Protein. I personally don't usually add protein to it but I ordered some Vanilla Latte this week...it makes me feel less guilty about having something that tastes so good which doesn't have much nutritional value. 

If you want some other ideas for home coffee, check out the answers I got for this post on these other forums.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4427186/Addicted-to-Ic e-Coffee-ME/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4426989/Addicted-to-I ce-Coffee-ME/

gjbs_girl
on 7/31/11 7:19 am - North Brookfield, MA
I am absolutely addicted to iced coffee!!  I am going to try a new recipe for protein iced coffee tomorrow morning before work and will let you know how it tastes!!!

OH Support Group Leader
Surgery Date 03/12/10
HW 302/SW 294/CW 199/GW 169

MommyosaRose
on 7/31/11 1:27 pm
I am always open for new recipes and now that ice coffee is my new transfer addiction, I am so looking forward to this one! Send it my way please!!! 

laurenskapolska
on 8/15/11 11:38 pm - Windsor Locks, CT
I have an even worse addiction - DD iced lattes with skim milk!  At $3.50 minimum, I am drinking about 3 - 4 a day.  I am killing myself financially!!!!
I have lost my sweet tooth, so no sugar or even 1/2 and 1/2.  Need a substitute transfer addiction.  :--)
Lauren from Northern Connecticut
(also looking for pals near the State Line or a support group.  Go monthly to Htfd., but don't have too many close contacts near the Mass. border).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views