MA.... GYM

aclay
on 6/2/11 12:29 am - MA
Hi....I was wondering if anyone lives near Taunton / Raynham and would like to get together to start going to the gym for motivation!!! 

RedSox15
on 6/4/11 10:03 am - MA
Hi Congrats on your surgery and awesome weight loss so far!!

I live in Raynham and there are a few of us here on the boards (although we don't check in often) from the Raynham/Taunton/Bridgewater area.

We actually have a support group in Bridgewater on the last Monday of each month .. more than welcome to join us! Let me know if you would like more info!

Lisa and I go to the gym at 530 in the morning at the East Bridgewater YMCA. Yes - 530am LOL. We hate it but know we need to go
aclay
on 6/6/11 12:48 am - MA
Hi...oh WOW!  5:30...I'm on my way to work at that time:(     I go to the gym near the Galleria.  I didn't know they had a support group in Bridewater that would be great if you could send me the infomation.  Right now I try to get to the only one I know that is from my doctors office in RI , but it's like a 55 min trip there then 55 back.  It's a little difficult because i can't leave my kids for 5 hours to attend a support meeting.  But, if it's only 20 min away perfect:) 

RedSox15
on 6/6/11 10:34 am - MA
Awesome - we'd love for you to join us :)  The majority of members don't check in here that often anymore but we have a group page on facebook!  Here is some info for you :)

We meet at 630pm on the last Monday of every month and usually stay until 730 or 8ish. Lisa (the "leader" of the group) owns a preschool and rents her room out of the Faith Chapel Church in Bridgewater so we meet there. We aren't a religious group at all, just a free place to meet! The address is 340 Pleasant Street in Bridgewater and it is right on Rt. 104.

We had a good 18-20 people who show up to each meeting. Mostly women but a good 4 or 5 brave men who come each week too lol! Sometimes people will bring in WLS friendly recipes for us to sample, people do clothing exchanges sometimes and we just all come together for some great support.

Awesome, awesome people who come.  LOTS and LOTS of laughs !!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

aclay
on 6/7/11 3:10 am - MA

That sounds awesome!!!  Thank you so much and I will definatly be there:)    Do you have specific days that you guys do the clothing exchange or recipe sampling ?  That's again. I'm so excited to finally meet other people who have had WLS.

RedSox15
on 6/8/11 12:09 am - MA
We do the exchanges/recipes at the group meetings.  Haven't done anything like that in a while though ... I should get baking for the next meeting !
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views