POD #4

Marygerl
on 5/12/11 8:22 pm - Woburn, MA
Got home yesterday. Pain has been well controlled with the Roxicet (liquid percocet).
Last night had some nausea, but didn't vomit. 
Was able to get in 16oz  of protein shakes which was about maybe 40-50g of protein
and 16oz of clear fluids (water and jello)

I was a bit fluid overloaded in the hospital, because I had experienced a side effect from a med used for nausea. Once the patch was d/c'd I started urinating better (my weight had gone up about 12 lbs, just from the hydration). I'm also sweating off some of that extra fluid.

I see the surgeon on Monday for staple removal.

Here's to a good day!!

Mary

C J
on 5/13/11 11:43 am - Franklin, MA
Sounds like you're doing well ... that's great! 
You'll need that paid med less and less - and the water weight will come off quick. I was so bummed out when I got home like 15lbs higher than when I went in!!!

I'm about 15 weeks out and can remember how much of a chore it was to sip that dam fluid - even today fluids don't go down as well as food but I still try hard daily to get it all in... sometimes there aren't enough hours in a day!!!

Stay well Mary,
Christine
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Marygerl
on 5/13/11 1:26 pm - Woburn, MA
Took a walk with hubby today, it was a beautiful day. I may hit the Y tomorrow with dd and just walk on the treadmill (weather is gonna be crappy for the next week). I'll also see how the recum bike feels (I usually walk 1 mile and bike 3-5 miles) I won't be doing anything with weights though.

Today was a much better day!

Mary

*** Wonder if I should buy a good scale? any suggestions??

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views