Having a Rough go

RedSox15
on 4/24/11 3:03 am - MA
Ohhh it is so easy to get lost .. LOL  I gained about 17 lbs in two months .. finally started to get back on track and lost 4.5lbs this past week (even after going to NYC to splurge on cupcakes LOL LOL)

:)  You're still rockin' girl :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LianaMarie248
on 4/27/11 11:36 pm - MA
thanks hun! and good job with the 4.5lbs. I have 40 more to go. i feel like i need to stay on track and keep up with all of it so i can be where i need to be! :)

Jojeki
on 4/23/11 11:28 am - Fall River, MA
I had lost a lot at the beginning and now that I am 7 months out from my RNY I am slowing down drastically.  I have been fluctuating the same 2-3 pounds up and down for weeks now and it is frustrating.  I think that I could be losing more if I was not doing the same thing which is eating stuff I am not supposed to (like chips, cookie here or there - at least 1 at a time).  But poor food choices nonetheless.  Like you I am not sure what it is, stress, boredom, who knows.  I need to be more vigilant like I was in the beginning of my journey.

It is true what others say, don't beat yourself up over it.  Try to recognize the behavior before you are about to eat the item and ask yourself why.  If you are craving a particular flavor (such as salt or sugar), see if there is a healthier choice instead of that item.  Or if you are eating out of head hunger or boredom, try to do an activity or drink water to see if that helps.  Easier said than done, I need to get back to trying that.  I have been finding keeping sugar free gum on hand helps when I feel the urge to "chew" something and I grab that instead of food unless it is definitely stomach hunger and not head hunger.

As far as "mourning" the loss of your clothes, not dumb.  Actually I have talked to a few people that go through that, myself included.  I still held onto a few things, not because I didn't want to part with them, but because I was able to modify them to work with outfits, such as belting a top, etc.  But yes you do need to part with stuff and move on. 

Vent on....that is what we are here for, we can say "been there, done that" and mean it.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

LianaMarie248
on 4/23/11 10:58 pm - MA
thanks so much. I really feel more motivated after reading some of these responses. I guess I felt like I was the only one struggling less than 3 months out but I know theres a struggle for everyone cause this is just a tool. Since its easter Im stuck with family all day but as of tomorrow I am going to food journal, drop some clothes off at the goodwill and try and make healthier choices. Theres a reason I did this so I need to stick to it! Thanks hun!

Jojeki
on 4/24/11 11:14 am - Fall River, MA
That's why it is good to post here and attend support meetings, you will find that you are not alone.  Everyone on here is always willing to lend support too.
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

LianaMarie248
on 4/27/11 11:37 pm - MA
Thanks love. :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 5:12 am - Boston, MA
I don't dump either.. I try to keep my sugar 20 g or under even though I know I could eat way more.. I found myself eating m&m's on Easter.. I Had about 10 and was like wtf and I doing? but they went down soooo good, and most things taste bad to me and those tasted good!! oh well I didn't have this damn surgery not to get to goal!! I just keep telling myself stick to it, eat right.. when you get to goal you can treat yourself to something yummy once a week but for now.. don't cheat, don't cheat, don't cheat!!  We can do it!!

I hear yah on the clothes, everything looks like **** on me, my pants are falling off.. on the one hand I feel fab, I"ve lost 50 lbs in such a short time.. but then  you pull on your jeans that bag down in front and hang from your hips and it makes you feel like poo!!! but I have decided only to buy new pants when they fall off without unbuttoning them! lol I'm getting close!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Eye on the prize baby, Eye on the prize!!
LianaMarie248
on 4/26/11 9:00 am - MA
Thanks love. I need the support. I just bought a notebook to journal my meals and I set an alarm in my cell for vitamins. oy! Lets do this!!! lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views