Having a Rough go

LianaMarie248
on 4/21/11 10:22 pm - MA
I am still losing weight and feeling good about myself but its slowing down and the reason is I had gastric bypass and can still eat sugar (cookies, breads, anything I WANT, but everything I should be AVOIDING). I was asked why I have been eating the bad stuff (even tho its been only a couple of times and rare) and I just dont know. Because I can sounds dumb and because I have no other coping skill while Im this stressed is just a poor excuse. I was told to move forward and forget it and stop beating myself up. Im just getting more depressed. They are making me do cognitive behavioral therapy and I feel like a failure because of it. Plus i forget my vitamins all the time and I just cant find a balance. Its overwhelming and frstrating and I dunno why this makes me so upset!

Not to mention I am mourning the loss of my clothing which is dumb. I should feel great Im not huge anymore but I just feel like Im stuck in sweats and like 2 pairs of jeans I just bought that are now loose. OY! Sorry to vent. :/

L

skinnycat
on 4/21/11 11:09 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi Liana,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you.

Wow, I thought that was not suppose to happen??  They say RNY patients, which I am sure you know, would get sick (dumping) when you have more than 10 grams of sugar.  Can you stop at 10?  I know I cant's. 

Why do you think I started my group??  You can talk and vent with things that bother you etc......

Remember the surgery fixes your stomach, not your head.

I am here for you.

"Let's Make this Journey Together"

Donna

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

RedSox15
on 4/22/11 11:04 pm - MA
Hi Donna :)

The majority of RNY patients actually do not dump.  Only about 30% do.  Some people can dump on a VERY small amount of sugar (say 6 grams) and some do NOT dump at all (me!)

Sometimes I wish I did dump so I could limit myself to some of the foods I eat.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LianaMarie248
on 4/23/11 10:51 pm - MA
good to know. Cause Im def not dumping. :/ I just need to get back on track.

LianaMarie248
on 4/23/11 11:02 pm - MA
Thanks Donna. I appreciate it.

skinnycat
on 4/23/11 11:09 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi,

You are welcome.  I am here for you.
You know where to find me.

"Let's Make this Journey Together"

Donna   

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cusscusscutie
on 4/22/11 3:27 am - MA
Sorry this is happening to you. You def up your protein and get excersise. Excercise makes you feel better and the more protein you eat the less hungry you are. I know you can do this! Make your pouch your *****!

LianaMarie248
on 4/23/11 10:52 pm - MA
LMAO! I love this. I am still not hungry. EVER, I just know at some point I need to eat and I eat stuff Im not supposed to. I will have to work harder. :/

RedSox15
on 4/22/11 11:02 pm - MA
Hey Liana =)

Sorry you're having a rough time ... it does suck sometimes. I know all too well about thebad eating habits, I have found myself sinking back into the habit. You are realizing what you're eating sometimes may not be the best .. that is step #1. Bringing attention to the situation is a good thing. Have you tried to journal your food? It helps me to realize just how much I'm eating when I write it all down.

I also don't dump .. I can eat any amount of fat or sugar and don't feel sick. My program wants us to keep our meals under 14 grams of sugar ... I've had some food with over 40 grams of sugar in it at once and did not dump. It sucks!!

You are still losing weight, which is great! This surgery can play with our head sometimes and make us go crazy! I know how you feel about mourning the loss of your clothes... hang in there - it will get better
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LianaMarie248
on 4/23/11 10:55 pm - MA
Thanks so much. this is very supportive. I didnt realize how easy it would be getting back into old habits. Hopefully I can start doing what I am supposed to do and start journaling because I never journal...I hate it. haha. I need some coping skills other than eating for when I get stressed. Ill figure it out and thanks again hun!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views