BIDMC - Anyone seen Dr. Andrews?

Hjoyce
on 4/20/11 10:35 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hi Everyone,

I just got approved to meet with the surgeon and will be going next Tuesday because I said I didn't have a preference. I was given Dr. Andrews - has anyone else here used him or heard any feedback on him? ANY help will be appreciated.

THank you! 
MrsClaus09
on 4/20/11 11:48 am
I am in the BIDMC program and I did hear from one of the nurses that he's very nice.  He's fairly new in their program...I think he came in within the last few months.  Congrats on getting to the point of meeting with your surgeon!!  It'll all move quickly now!  Best of luck to you!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Hjoyce
on 4/20/11 1:16 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Thanks much!
I can't find research on him at all because he's so new (to BIDMC). I'm always one to give people a chance, especially to learn but then it hit me that perhaps I shouldn't be so liberal when it comes to my body.
MrsClaus09
on 4/21/11 10:54 am
I know what you mean.  But, I can honestly say that the entire program is great and they ALL work so close together.  On surgery day, you will a HUGE team of people with you so don't worry that he'll be going at it alone.  I think one of the other surgeons was in the OR when I had surgery in addition to a few surgical fellows.  Good luck!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
xtina1907
on 4/22/11 11:22 pm

Hey i had Dr. Jones... but he came to the program last year.. he did his resideny there for a year too! he is a nice guy and has been the Dr. i saw when i was admitted and dr. jones wasn't on! All the dr's at the BI are great!!!! hope that helps

Hjoyce
on 4/23/11 7:58 am - Bridgewater, MA
 thank you so much. I guess I"ll found out on Tuesday if I get a good vibe from him. 
Hjoyce
on 4/26/11 11:55 am - Bridgewater, MA
I just wanted to update this post in case anyone goes searching for information on Dr. Andrews, since I didn't find any.

He has done over 100 RNY surgeries, so I am much more confident in his abilities. My husband came with me and we both felt comfortable with him. I can't speak for the surgery itself yet but I just wanted to put out that he has more experience than I thought.
aroundthetown
on 6/3/11 11:57 pm - MA
I decided to go with Dr. Schnieder, but Dr. Andrews was my second pick! He gave my information session and was awesome. You know, he has done over 100 procedures, but he is still young, and fresh from his training. That is a really good thing. If I hadn't already had my appointments scheduled with Dr. Schnieder all set up I would have gond with Dr. Andrews because he really seems to know his stuff and was really open! Good luck to you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views