schlerotherapy at Brigham and women's

bethem1224
on 4/12/11 3:08 am
Hi everyone, I am 2 years out from my RNY and had stopped losing at 10 months out and have pretty much maintained my weight loss (65 lbs) since then give or take like 10 pounds up and down.  my doc works with another doc at B&W that does this therapy via endoscope.  I have toyed with the idea for about a year and am now seriously consideriing since I am not where I want to be.  I have only lost a little over half of my expected weight loss.  so I am wondering, has anyone heard about this therapy/procedure?  Anyone had it done?  This doc at B&W endoscope invented the procedure and it really isn't done too many places.  Thanks
Amy F.
on 4/19/11 10:44 am - MA
 I was just at the BWH clinic last week and they had people completing a survery while they were waiting about an endoscopic bariatric surgery.  It didn't say whether it was already going on or not though.

bethem1224
on 4/20/11 1:38 am
 it's not surgery.  what they do is inject your port with a solution which causes it to get inflammed.  once the inflammation goes down, scar tissue forms and makes your port/opening smaller.  it takes about 3 procedures to get it small enough.  my insurance (BCBS) didn't cover so I called it off.  The doc that does it is a really great guy.  My pouch and port are a bit larger than they'd like-Dr. Thompson said either they weren't made small enough or a staple came out or it was stretched out.  Very early out, I expressed concern that I could eat a full serving size of what they told us to eat-like say 1/4 cup cott cheese and I could eat a 1/4 cup-didn't know my nerves were cut and would not feel full for a while but I stayed within their guidelines.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views