Plastic surgery???

xtina1907
on 4/4/11 2:49 am
Where in mass is a good place to start with looking into lbl? I had my RNY at the bi.. also was it covered by insuranxe??? Need advice!!

bankgirl
on 4/5/11 9:35 am
We just had a plastic surgeon as a speaker at our support group last night. His name is Christopher Davidson and he practices in Wellsley (surgery at Newton Wellsley or Tufts). He said almost nothing is covered by insurance - he may be able to get a panniculectomy covered but thats it. He did have a lot of good information.
AwesomeForever
on 4/7/11 2:43 pm - Marlborough, MA
Dear Tina:

I have heard Christopher Davidson speak three times. I would definitely go with him as a surgeon. I believe the thing that made a big impression on me is that he would not do everything at once. He would not because he would compromise your health if he was getting tired doing a complex surgery that would include lower body lift, breasts, and arms. The areas that I would need done.

I am going to Las Vegas to the Meet and Greetwhere I will see a plastic surgeon who will evaluate me. It is part of the m &  g free options. I just want to see. I will not use Dr Katzen. I heard that he is excellent.

I am nearly 64, and not really looking forward to pain or I may have had this surgery done sooner. Life just kept getting in the way. I took a five week trip to Europe September and October. Next, was the holidays ...

Linda
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 12:57 pm

Well if you can get your insurance to cover it then I would recommend Dr Jason Cooper in Danvers he is part of mass general and I couldn't have been happier with everything he did... He literally  went above and beyond my expectations I couldn't have asked for a better plastic surgeon. I had a belt lapectomy in October and I have a few pics from right after surgery in my profile if you are interested I can send you some more graphic before and after pics but I don't post them online because I just think it's to personal.

If you can't get insurance coverage mass general has a residency program which is what I went through and Dr cooper was the plastic surgeon that was in charge of my surgery. The surgery I had would cost most people almost 30k and I only paid 7k for everything even my post op visits and an overnight stay at mass general. If you have anymore questions about Dr Cooper, the residency program or want to see some pics feel free to message me... Good Luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views