Did anyone have surgery at Tobey Hospital in Wareham?

Blondebetch
on 4/3/11 6:06 am
Just wondering how it went any details would be apriciated.
How long did you stay?
How was your recovery time?
What did they use to seal you up? Stitches...staples...glue...ect.
Did you have to have a drain?
What kind of pain meds?
Who was your surgeon?
Did they give you a catheter? <----I am so freaked out by catheters..I hope not. Lol.

You dont have to answer all the questions ANY info would be helpful...I am just starting the whole process.....

Oh!!! Also!!! If you went through Mass Health or Neighborhood Health Plan....how long from the starting process until your surgury date?
RedSox15
on 4/3/11 9:33 am - MA
Glad you made it over to the MA forum !!  :)

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Blondebetch
on 4/3/11 10:01 am
Lol thanks to YOUUU! :) Thank u <3
stephdacruz
on 4/8/11 9:39 am - New Bedford, MA
i had surgery  at tobey. i had dr. kruger,had surgery on a monday was home tuesday night by eight. they just dressed the wounds with gauze and tape. i had a drain post surgery until right before i got disharged, it feels odd when they remove it. they give you a morphine drip/pump you can dispense every 5 min. yes i had a catheter but i think they put it in after the anesthesia and take it out the next morning. i felt fine after a week and could've gone back to work but i took 3 weeks off because i had vacation time.i don't have mass health but i went to the seminar in may 2010 and had my surgery in august 2010.
mary B.
on 4/11/11 11:03 am - new bedford, MA
I had Dr Kruger for my surgery I just made my two year anniversary March 17th.
I had the same as steph who posted before me. I had mine tuesday 10 am  was home by 6 pm on the wednesday.
i took a week out of work. just took it very easy no lifting.
going home and sleeping in my own bed was all i wanted. it was a little difficult since i sleep on side and on stomach  so i had a long body pillow i slept on for two nights before i would lay on my side.
I had glue on incisions but came home with  gauze and tape.
bring pillow for ride home  to hold on stomach if you hit bumps it saved me from having pain.
i had commonwealth care when i had my surgery. i had the seminar in august and would of had surgery in january but insurance snafoos held it up until march. i had masshealth  cancel me for have to mu*****ome and had to wait for commonwealth to pick up.
the one thing i found is you need you time and a good support system.
the classes they have you go to for four weeks were worth it. the information even though was told over and over again it saved me having that information when i got home.
good luck.
sunnycapecod143
on 4/15/11 7:50 am
 I will be having surgery April 20th. feeling a bit stressed by it. But I know 6 people who had sergery there before I started the process. I went to the seminar in November. But asked to have it done this month back then. (if possible) and it just so happened to work out.
Kelly A.
on 4/16/11 11:53 pm - MA
I had my surgery 3/29/11 with Dr. Streeter at Tobey. Uneventful, comfortable and discharged the next day at about 3pm. I am still off work, took plenty of time though I really could have gone back about 10 days ago. First few days at home I was so tired, I slept so much it was hard to get in the walks/water/food. I never took pain meds at home, but utilized the Morphine Drip in hospital. The nursing staff was wonderful!! It is so nice to be somewhere that really specializes in this type of surgery. I have Tufts and did a 6 month program (over the phone) with them, and my whole process with Tobey took about 4 months (not including a delay of about 2 mos. due to me not having the $$ for the group sessions) Hope your surgery went well, and that you are recuperating well!
Kelly Alvarez Roux En YMarch 29, 2011 start354/DOS313/goal154         
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views