I'm home!

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/11 8:39 pm - Boston, MA
 Hi all!  So I made it through, surgery was great, the surgeon said my pre op diet did the trick and my liver was tiny (I lost 27 lbs in 2 weeks) so that ws good to know!  My anesthesiologist was great, he came in before the surgery and spent a good 45 minutes with me just talking and cracking jokes and rubbing my back and telling me I was making the right decision and he wouldn't let anything happen to me ect. it made me feel better.  When I got into the operating room I lost it though and started balling my eyes out!  they put the oxygen on me and I was out.

The nursing staff at the BID were fantastic not a single crabby one in the bunch!  I'm pretty bruised up, I had some problems with Iv's not getting in right.. I ended up having to have it put in 3 different times and the two heprin shots a day.. and for some reason while I was sleeping they gave me a shot in the top of my foot? I was pretty out of it and never asked why and what that was but my entire ankle is green/blue? my stomach looks awful!! it's so swollen and purple and bruises.  I brought these really baggy sweatpants and they almost didn't fit I was so full of fluid!!  I have not hand any gass pains out my shoulder yet.. wonder when/if that will start.  And sadly I have not passed gas or had a bm since the surgery.. I have to call them Friday if nothing happens by then.. any thing I can do to help that along???

Oh the funniest part I got a cranky old lady as roommate the last night I was there, they brought her in at 10pm.. Ray and the kids left I settled in to bed and I coughed a few times and she said "OMG ARE YOU SICK?" I said well I had a cold last week but I'm fine just have a tiny cough. Then a few hours later he iv was beeping and I said is the bag empty? she said no.. I said is your arm bent? if it is just straighten it and it will stop beeping.. she said "don't come over here you're sick!" like I was going to get out of bed for her? The the next morning when her nurse came in she said "the kind girl in my room is afraid to use the bathroom because she has pneumonia, and she thinks I should get another room" then the entire morning she spent calling her different doctors offices checking to see when her last pneumonia shot was. When she needed to go to the bathroom she made the nurse go in first and rip the toilet paper off that I had touched.. and the help cord had a red rubber tip to it and she freaked out and said 'OMG that girl got blood in the bathroom room" the nurse was like no that's the cord it's not blood.. she had to convince her it was not blood. Then she asked me 10 times in the next 5 hours when I was leaving.. omg what a crazy old lady!!!  I had asked for a private room but when I got there the floor was pretty empty so they just gave me a regular room.. which was fine for 2 days then this lady came in and I didn't want to be bothered to switch rooms.  Oh well I'm home now so it doesn't matter!!

Let the skinny-ness (is that a word? lol) commence!
AMYLIZ527
on 3/17/11 6:49 am - Sterling, MA
OMG! That is so funny about the old lady! "she has pneumonia!" Love it! 
All kidding aside, I am glad to hear that your surgery went well.  Sorry about the bruising, but I am guessing that is all normal- it happened when I had my gallbladder out as well.
And way to go with loosing 27lbs in 2 weeks! Nice.
Hope that you continue to do well. Hopefully in a little over a month I will be posting the same- minus the old lady lol.
MrsClaus09
on 3/18/11 5:46 am

Congrats to you and glad you are home!  I just got home today.  Were you there for all the activity on Wed night?  Craziness!  And, I couldn't agree more - BIDMC nursing staff was great!  Anyway, glad you are home and on the mend!!

My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/11 11:24 am - Boston, MA
 I was released at 5pm on Wed night, what happened that night??  Glad you're home hope you're doing well!
MrsClaus09
on 3/18/11 11:58 am
Naked man on the floor who kept screaming he was in pain.  And a woman a few doors down from me was trying to stab people and herself with a plastic knife.  I felt really bad for them but didn't sleep at all that night.

How are you doing with fluids?  Finding it tough to get them all in.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
(deactivated member)
on 3/22/11 2:40 am - Boston, MA
 what!!!! Someone was trying to stab people? was anyone hurt? that's scary!!! Yah I'm not doing to well getting anything in honestly.. I get about 20 oz fluid, 20-25 protein.. that's as good as it gets so far, how about you?
kgrenier12
on 3/22/11 8:34 pm - pembroke, MA
glad you made it through surgery....sorry about your roommate....

my room mate spoke only chinese - she was very nice though - i waved "hi" to her everytime i used the bathroom...
at one point she had at least 20 people in there visiting with her - so glad i couldn't understand what they were saying but they brought food -

For me, I chaulk it up to one of those funny life experiences that you just have to laugh about....

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views