LOOKING TO START A SUPPORT GROUP...

John B.
on 3/14/11 1:17 pm - Blackstone, MA
Looking to start a group for men & women who have had Bariatric or who are looking to have surgery. To share their experience's and support  one another in a relaxed no pressure atmosphere. Maybe in a church hall or a small coffee shop, in the Greater Bellingham Ma. Area. Anyone who may be interested please message me, even if it's only a couple people to start, we all have something in common ! WLS and looking to be losers. Hope to hear from you.. Thanks John   
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
skinnycat
on 3/15/11 12:38 am - Peabody, MA
Hi John,

I wish you luck on starting your support group.  I started one North of Boston in Oct 2010.  I haven't had many members as of yet but I am not going to give up.

Donna
Peabody, MA  

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

John B.
on 3/15/11 12:46 am - Blackstone, MA
Thanks Donna
  I am thinking that even 1 or 2 people getting together would be a sucsess. I mean even if it's to meet and walk a mall for exercise or grocery shop / cloth shop ect. I think there is a need for it, I know that just the online support has helped me alot and the phone calls are wonderful ! Peabodys 45 minutes from me, maybe one night I could visit your group and if we've got a couple people here we could car pool together for a visit. I know there are people on this site that need this as much as I / We do. So come on everyone come out of that shell and lets start supporting each other.

Thanks again
Blessings, John
skinnycat
on 3/16/11 12:08 am - Peabody, MA
Hi John,

You are very welcome.  My meeting is in Beverly on a Sat morning 10am to 11am.

If you have any questions please let me know.

You are doing great.  Men always lose faster than women.  

Did you fill out an application yet?

"Let's Make this Journey Together"

Donna 

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

C J
on 3/15/11 11:24 am - Franklin, MA
I'm DEFINITELY IN!!!  I'm sure Kimberly will be too (she lives close to us) she's not on right now cuz she just had her surgery Monday!!!!  Oh and I a have a non-board member friend that had RNY a few weeks ago who lives in Milford... She's IN!   So that's 3 + you of course!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help put this togeter!

BTW..... HOW YA DOING???????????????
John B.
on 3/16/11 3:44 am - Blackstone, MA
Awesome, I'm really excited about this, I know we all need to help each other and most of the groups are so far away. I will look for a place starting today if you can talk to the others and give my some nights and times or even days that are good that would be a great help finding a place to hold it. On another note I"M FEELING GREAT ! Thank you for asking :) Talk to you soon
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/11 8:28 pm, edited 3/16/11 8:28 pm - Boston, MA
 Yup I'm in!  I live in Millis so Bellingham would be fine with me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views