Mass WLS'ers! SIGN UP NOW!

M M
on 3/9/11 1:28 am, edited 3/12/11 1:03 am

Good People Do Good.

Walk from Obesity

Support Team MM!  This year we have TWO WALKS, and a BIG GOAL.  -MM

This spring I'm participating in an event called Walk from Obesity which benefits the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Foundation and Obesity Action Coalition (OAC).  This will be my fourth? year participating in this program.

Every day, millions of people are affected by obesity and its related health conditions. It's a complex, multi-faceted and often life-long struggle that is frequently misunderstood. That is why I joined the Walk from Obesity - to fund research, education and advocacy efforts to help fight this disease.

This is an epidemic of crisis proportions. Yet so few people (and even fewer fundraisers) are willing to speak out, and take a step toward helping the problem.

Please take a moment to visit the TEAM PAGE and make a tax-deductible donation today towards my fundraising goal. Simply click the link at the bottom of this email. It's that easy! Donating online is easy, fast and safe.

Plus you'll be making a big difference for a good cause.

Thank you in advance for your support.

•  Early registration is only $25
  •  On-site registration will be $30
  •  Children under the age of 12 are FREE
  • All registrations include a Walk from Obesity t-shirt
  • Walk Location: 67 Union Street, Natick MA -
  • Leonard Morse Hospital Campus
  • On-site Registration Will Open At: 9:00 AM
  • Walk Will Begin At: 10:00 AM, finish by noon
  • Walk Information: The Walk will be held rain or shine. Join us on the beautiful grounds of the Leonard Morse Hospital - the Walk route is a 0.6mile loop that will start at the main entrance of the facility. 
  • We will be offering fun activities for all ages and abilities. 
  • Form teams of walkers/fundraisers or participate as an individual. 
  • You do not need to Walk to participate - you can cheer on the walkers as well.
Just Brooke
on 3/13/11 7:22 pm
YAY for 2 locations this year!! But I'll see you at the September walk :-)

Meg_S
on 3/23/11 9:09 am - Natick, MA

I am thinking of doing the walk. I live in Natick so I'm very close by. I may see you there!

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views