SURGERY UPDATE

John B.
on 3/8/11 4:04 am - Blackstone, MA
Thank You everyone for all your prayers and well wishes I'm out of recovery, I've walked the hallways or the hospital seems like 1 million times. Not feeling to bad, I think the headache I've got is worst than the stomach pain. Had a little scare. When I went to have my upper gi after the surgery the liquid they gave me wouldn't go down, I was soooooo upset I told them to get me the doctor or I was leaving the hospital. He was at my bedside in minutes. He drained the small amount of fluid in the band, had me drink some water and all set.. Thank GOD. I though for sure I was going to need another surgery or something, all due to the panic stricken radiologist that got me scared.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
C J
on 3/8/11 10:12 am - Franklin, MA
John, I was thinking of you today so glad to read all went well aside from ur false alarm, I had an ugi after my surgery too... I was freaking out just looking at the size of the cup!!! Good to get that panic out of ur system before ya go home!!!! I take it us test went well??? Are you going home tomorrow (Wednesday)?? There's no place like home!!!!
Be Well!!!
CJ
John B.
on 3/8/11 10:47 am - Blackstone, MA
Hi CJ
 They didn't know what to do, so they sent me to the unit and as soon as I got off the elevator I told the nurses that they had 3 minutes to get the doctor and not on the phone ( to my room ) or I was walking out the door. He was there in 1 minute with the head nurse and they were taking out the saline in the band then he made me drink a small cup of water that went down OK. He told me it was he excess saline and the swelling, he was very reassuring and I was comfortable. I was told I'm going home Wed. I'm supposed to pass gas ? Well that's not working for me for some reason? I've burped enough for a lifetime. The pain is very manageable, my throat is on fire but I keep taking VERY LITTLE ice chips enough to just wet m throat. I was told I wasn't supposed to but I can't breath in if I don't! The air in this place is so dang dry.. OMG I can't wait to get home tomorrow and sit in my easy chair or walk my block just get me home!.. 

Thanks
John 
(deactivated member)
on 3/8/11 10:30 am - Boston, MA
 Glad to hear you're doing ok.. sorry about the scare!  Hope you have an easy recovery
John B.
on 3/8/11 10:49 am - Blackstone, MA
Thank you very much. so far so good..

Thanks Again
John
MrsClaus09
on 3/8/11 11:23 am
Glad to hear things went well!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184