Yikes! Haha

LianaMarie248
on 3/2/11 9:42 pm - MA
So I had my first post op meeting with the wellness center yesterday. I am incredibly dehydrated ( I was wondering why I was sooo darn tired) but they have moved me up to stage 3 foods. I can have meat, veggies, and fruit! Yay.

Well going back one more day, I think I had dumping for the first time...or just tried to destroy my stomach. lol I brought my bro out to eat and he insisted on chinese. Now I didnt order bc 1 im never hungry and would eat at home and 2 it was chinese and i knew I couldnt have it. The problem was, it just looked so darn tasty and after eating mashed potatoes and eggs for the past few weeks I couldnt help myself. I had 3 bites of a piece of broccoli....I threw up 3 times after that. First time Ive been sick since the surgery. :/ Its my own darn fault but what an awful experience. I hope one day I can have chinese food again...obvioulsy not now and not like I used to eat it but oh boy was that an experience.

For now I will stick to tons of water, walking a lot and my "bible" (food guide from the wellness center). Oy! Well have a lovely day all!

Lee

Ps- Im already losing my hair. Anyone know how I can stop this...my hair is already thin...this sucks. :/

RedSox15
on 3/3/11 3:02 am - MA
The losing hair part sucks :(  Some people have taken Biotin, but it doesn't really work.  Most people won't notice your hair falling out, it just appears that way to you but it is still wicked stressful.

Broccoli and fruits/vegetables are funny... I have never had an issue with either but they do not sit well with some other patients.  I hope you are able to eat them w/out any problems in the future :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

C J
on 3/3/11 7:20 am - Franklin, MA
Silly girl... live and learn!! Hopefully ya don't make that same mistake twice!!
Food is kind of scary isn't it?? Not to mention the fact that it has such control over our brain... you weren't even hungry or interested in eating but cha did it!!   Food is the devil (sometimes!!)

I know we'e part of different programs but fruit/veggies are I think 6months out (then some trial and error) in my plan.  I miss salad never thought I'd say that in a million years!

Is Vitamin B12 (Sublingual) part of your supplement regime??  That's supposed to "help" with the hair loss. My hair is super thick I'm looking forward to losing a few strands so it doesn't take me an hour to blow-dry!!!

Thursday at my office is "Chinese food day" so at like noon the delivery guy shows up with this huge ass bag i was a bit envious (I had yogurt and a cheese stick), anyway - about an hour later all the peeps that ate the chinese were holding their bellys saying stuff like omg, never again, I feel gross, I need a nap, etc etc...they were all so miserable... ME...   I wanted to do a cartwheel and sing... I feel great!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views