Support Group West of Boston???

grampat_08
on 3/2/11 7:44 pm
Hello does anyone know of any support groups West of Boston around the area Rt 2 Leominster, Fitchburg, or in the 495 area up to Marlboro are??
Thanks
John B.
on 3/3/11 12:17 pm - Blackstone, MA
Not sure of any in the area,  I am also looking toward the 495 from Franklin towards marlboro area. I'll let you know if I find anything.. Maybe one needs to be started?
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
C J
on 3/4/11 6:39 am - Franklin, MA
I've had an eye out four a group in the MetroWestish area for a few years but nothing . I'm in Franklin myself... I don't really see the benefit of the hospital group just yet so a local group of peeps to share with and seek advice and help from would be perfect. I'm gonna take part in the Brigewater group at the end of this month, it's like 30/40 mins away but I know it'll be worth the trip!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

John B.
on 3/4/11 10:50 am - Blackstone, MA
Hey C J,
 I'm in Blackstone and I agree a small group to share with and support one another would be ideal for this area.. I finished my pre op appointments today and Good Lord Willing will be done and out of surgery by Noon time on 3-8-11.. So if you want to get a small group together, I would love to help get that going.
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
grampat_08
on 3/5/11 2:32 am
Good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery.
There is a group in Gardner Mass third Wed of the month.
grampat_08
on 3/4/11 6:31 pm
I think we should start one..
shesha81
on 3/4/11 6:25 am, edited 3/4/11 6:35 am - Gardner, MA

There is a new one that was started at the Henry Heywood Hospital in Gardner MA that is about 13 miles west of fitchburg leominster area, right off of route 2, exit 23.

below is the info...

Bariatric Surgery Patient Support Group

For Bariatric Surgery Patients a Support Group (such as Gastric Bypass and Adjustable Gastric Banding for weight loss).  The group is open to those who have had bariatric surgery as well as those considering the surgery.  No registration needed-just come and join in!

This is a start-up group facilitated by a long term gastric bypass patient who is also a registered nurse.

The topics of discussion will be decided by the group and focus on the needs of the group.

The meeting will be held monthly on the third Tuesday of the month.  The meeting location is at Heywood Hospital in the Volney Howe Conference Room.  

This group session is not to be considered medical advice or as a replacement for any required steps in the gastric bypass medical care plan you have in place with your physician.

For more information please contact Lynne Shaw, RN, BSN, MBA at Phone/Fax:  978-724-0040 or Email:  [email protected].

grampat_08
on 3/4/11 6:33 pm
Thank you for the info.. I will see you there..
AMYLIZ527
on 3/4/11 10:00 am - Sterling, MA
I am in Sterling and will be looking for a group soon.  Maybe we should start one up! 
grampat_08
on 3/4/11 6:34 pm
I think we should..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs