5 day pouch test

luvinmyfour
on 2/26/11 5:27 am - haverhill, MA
hey everyone.......its been a long time since i posted slowly coming aroung just reading alot of post but anyways i have lost 110 ponds since surgey and put on about 18 and have stayed the same up and down 5 pounds for the past year i feel i have failed and is it to late to try to fix this wonderful tool i have been given?  i need to lose 50 more pounds to be at my ideal weight !!!!!  and that is ideal i am happy i am able to fit into a 12 -14 and to be able to shop in normal stores but i think depression has won me over how does the 5 day pouch test work and what exactly do i need to do you all here have been by my side from day one.....
@-(------ Michelle

RedSox15
on 2/26/11 11:49 am - MA
Hi :)  Surgeon Sister! 

First off - congratulation on the weight you have lost so far.  Losing 110lbs is no easy feat.  I tried the 5 day pouch test and made it until day 2 LOL.  This does not shrink your pouch but is designed to get your mind back on track.
Day 1 & 2 - pure liquids (water, broth, protein shakes, Jell-O etc...the same stuff we had in the hospital.)
Day 3 - soft foods; eggs, tuna, soft fish etc.
Day 4 - ground protein: chicken, turkey, beef, fish etc
Day 5 - solid protein: chicken, turkey, beef, etc.

Good luck .. I hope you will be able to get back on track.  Depression can be tough... I'm starting to get there myself.  I was a very depressed person before surgery and have not had one of my major boughts of depression since surgery (12/16/09) but I feel one coming on.

Please let us know if you need support

Kate :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

luvinmyfour
on 2/27/11 1:47 am - haverhill, MA
thanks Kate.....i am so out of reality right now dont know which way to turn, i lost my job of 27 years have been struggleing since august my ex is being an @ss not supporting his kids not even a pair of shoes my kids are taken care of but it just ****** me off to be frank.  I have never hated anyone in my life before but i can say he is my first plus his new gf is my best friend well lol old best friend so i dont even have her to turn to yikes sorry about that i guess i needed a venting...lol well i think if i can get back on track then maybe some of this will go away and i can start careing again well thanks for the ear ttys......
@-(------ Michelle

M M
on 2/27/11 2:07 am
 Hey there.

A crash diet isn't going to help your mood.

Because, as soon as you're done dieting, the water weight comes back, and more.

Please think about that before you start a crash diet.
luvinmyfour
on 2/28/11 11:24 pm - haverhill, MA
oh i look at my post now and it did look like i wrote it all wrong and thankfull for your post i think by me doing this 5 day pouch test i might be able to get that boost i need to get my head back on track i think the depression is setting in is because i feel like i have failed but i have no family support and it is so hard to do anything and i just need to get my self together and and once i start losing again i might feel a little betterr
@-(------ Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views