I just want to feel NORMAL

C J
on 2/22/11 10:28 am - Franklin, MA
I'm four weeks out today and just feeling blahhhh.
No pain and I'm eating pretty good, following my program and meeting my protein goal but not always meeting the liquid as much as I try!!!

Symptoms: gurgling belly, tired/lazy, no "I'm hungry" feeling, I'm down 25 lbs in the four weeks but haven't lost a pound in almost a week which is normal here and there I'm sure bu****ching the scale move keeps me motivated . It's not easy to define what "blah" feels like but it totally sums it up!!!

I went back to work today which was great to get up and out, I was going to take six weeks but have cabin fever! Maybes a few more days of the work routine will be my turning point?????

Anyone have words of advice or encouragement to share????
Jojeki
on 2/22/11 12:38 pm - Fall River, MA

Sounds pretty typical at this point.  I found that by the time I reached the 5-6 week point I noticed a boost in my energy level and appetite.  This will depend on what you are able to eat by your doctor's guidelines and what stage you are at - but once you are able to start testing different foods you will notice a difference.  I found that drinking Powerade Zero or Gatorade G2 helped me with my liquids and getting in some electrolytes. 

Try to walk as much as possible to get your body to "wake up" and it helps to get the anesthesia out of your system.  If you have gas and bloating try using the Gas-X strips that melt on your tongue.  I always made sure that I had some tucked in my purse and they were a huge help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Dawn

HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

LianaMarie248
on 2/22/11 1:16 pm - MA
I know Im behind you a bit, but Im two weeks out and feeling very blah myself. I am going back to class tonight (wednesday) since I take night classes because Im simply bored with being at home. Im pretty sure I can handle it and I need a break from feeling weak and well..blah like u say.

Congrats on 25lbs. Im down 27 and I feel like a train hit me. No loss tho since thursday and I have had a rollercoaster of crap happening to me as you know. I am soooo proud of you and I do hope things get more active and lively for you. I think work will help you feel more normal since its your routine. Plus you are starting to feel good after losing that weight...let that be your happy thought! Again..Im proud of you..keep your chin up! Youre through the worst of it. Congrats chicka! 

Liana

ps- good job on the protein..Thats my problem area. I need to get my shakes in. I am eating a lot of eggs for protein. ugh...that gets old quick. Good Luck!

Joanne77
on 2/22/11 8:54 pm

Going back to work definitely helped me to feel better.  Sitting at home, especially when recovering from surgery is boring, work makes me feel useful again. 
I'm having the same issue with getting liquids in, I can usually do about 54oz, but haven't met the 64 oz. goal yet.  
Try to keep your chin up, I'm sure things will improve for you once you get back into the routine of life again.
Congrats on the weight loss, I've only lost 22lbs so far and I'm a few days ahead of you, so you can be happy about that. 

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 9:31 pm
awww im sorry but congrats on your weightloss and surgery that awesome! TYou discribing exacatly how it was to me.  By 2 months out it got a lot better.  Its all completely normal... i know it sucks but keep youhead up know your doing great and have faith..evverything will be fine

Best of luck and hope u feel better!!

Coreen13
on 2/22/11 11:04 pm - MA
That is great weight loss!  I'm 7 weeks out and have lost 25 pounds so far so you're all doing great! 

I was very blah also until I got back to work and in a normal routine.  Since then I have been too busy mostly to notice my best friend Food is MIA! 

I have a big water bottle 32 ounces that I fill with water and crystal light and make myself try to drink 2 of them all day.  It makes it a little easier as I struggle with the water intake also.

Happy Wednesday!
C J
on 2/23/11 10:50 am - Franklin, MA
Thanks for the feed back everyone... it's comforting to know what I feel today is "normal" and that there will be a point in time that I feel "NORMAL" normal!!!
Being back to work and having a routine of getting up and out in the morning seems to be working... fortunately I love my job and what I do so I was really looking forward to getting back into the game.

I just have to hang in there for a little longer... there's a light at the end of this tunnel I just know it!!!

~CJ
(deactivated member)
on 2/24/11 12:52 am - Boston, MA
Hi CJ!
Sorry you're feeling blah!!!!!  I'm sure your energy is low and that can't be helping, hopefully as you're able to get more calories in you'll start to get some pep in your step!! I start my liquid diet Monday I can't believe how fast time has gone!!

K
CATHERINE81
on 2/24/11 12:54 am - BROCKTON, MA
hey ma i went trhu the sme thing it does get better i promise hang in there ma trust me and go to as many support groupd as u can

hugs catherine
MrsClaus09
on 2/24/11 12:31 pm
I wish I had better words of wisdom...sorry!  I just hope you're feeling better than blahhh today!  And, hoping you continue to feel better each and every day! Down 25lbs in 4 weeks is great - congrats to you!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs