Workout groups? group meetings? some kind of support in MA??

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/11 9:13 am
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew it there were any workout groups, group meetings, or some kind of other support?? Where/ when ect...?

I'd just love to connect and help other...while helping myself! Make new friends with the same issues ect..

skinnycat
on 2/21/11 10:46 pm, edited 2/21/11 10:47 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi,

Where do you live in MA?  I am a leader of a face to face Northshore WLS support group in Beverly at the Herrick House near Beverly Hospital on Sat 10am to 11am.  This meeting is every other week.  The next meeting is March 5th.

Just thought I would let you know.

"Let's make this Journey Together"

Donna

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 2:06 am
Hey Donna,

Oh cool thanks... i may be up for soemthing like that... i'm not sure if i could go every other week but maybe once a month! I'm from Lakeville...a little town no ones ever heard of lol..... its about 2o mins from Middleboro... so i'm like an hour away

bellab33
on 2/22/11 12:07 am
where r u from? i am looking for the same thing in western mass.
*~BRIANNA~*

"It's not  how good you are, its how good you want to be"

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 2:15 am
Im from lakeville... near bridgewater, middleboro.... like 45 mins from boston... i think thats far away for u... stinks!
RedSox15
on 2/22/11 1:38 am - MA
Hi! I have a group on the South Shore .. we are in Bridgewater. If you're close to us let me know and I'll give you all the info =)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 2:16 am
Oh wow i grew up in bridgewater... small world... i live in Lakeville right now thats about 25 mins away. I'd love to check it out :)
RedSox15
on 2/22/11 6:27 am - MA
Awesome!  The meetings are always the last Monday of the month and our next meeting is this coming Monday @ 630pm.  We meet inside the Faith Chapel Church on Rt. 104.  We are NOT a religious meeting, but Lisa owns the daycare inside the church so it is a free place to meet!

We are very informal and a good 20 people show to each meeting, sometimes more.  We are mostly woman but have about 2-3 guys that bravely show each week!!  We talk about our goals, accomplishment and struggles and we tend to get off topic sometimes!  We are a crazy group at times!  A few of us bring WLS friendly goodies to sample and companies are always giving Lisa free products for us to try!

We'd love for you to join us :)
*Kate*

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/11 9:19 am
Nice... sounds right up my ally :) i'll have to check it our for sure... def wont be there the next time because i'll still be recovering but the time after that would be cool.
RedSox15
on 2/22/11 11:18 am - MA
Awesome!  When is your surgery?  Best of luck!

Oh, I forgot to mention .. that yes, there are a few of us in the group who do get together to workout.  Lisa, Lynn and myself hit the gym together nearly every morning.  A team of us did a 26.2 mile marathon for the Jimmy Fund, Lisa and I did a 1/2 marathon together, we take walks at Borderland State Park and Castle Island (when it is nice out and not FREEZING!!! lol)
*Kate*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views