Derailment by Stress...What a disaster!

MommyosaRose
on 2/16/11 3:09 am
I am no stranger to stress and anxiety and have experienced it many times since having my RNY, but this past month I have been overwhelmed with both and it has taken a toll on my state of mind. I am trying very hard not to slip into old habits but I fear that I am loosing ground in this battle. 

This past week I got caught under pressure and made some very bad food choices and those choices only made me want to make MORE bad choices, which I did. Now the more I think about it, the more I realize that indulging in something not so WLS friendly is okay occasionally; however, giving in to that urge on a daily basis can really turn into a runaway train heading for derailment. I don't ever want to crash and burn, much less so prematurely!

This has been a very empty week for my diet; needless to say that I have to put on the brakes and get this train back on track, otherwise this could lead to major disaster!

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

RedSox15
on 2/16/11 4:58 am - MA
You are realizing what you're eating and that it may not be the best choice ... that is a good thing. I do agree what we should be able to indulge in stuff every now and then. Clients at my work brought in Valentines Donuts and I had one .. and then a little bit of another. I feel like **** after and know I shouldn't of done so .. but I accounted for it and realized what I did wrong.

Stress sucks and we all go through it. Next week will be better and you will be able to get yourself back on track in no time !!

We're here for you!!! :::hugs:::
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Sue M.
on 2/17/11 12:24 am - Nantucket, MA
Happens to everyone.  All you can do is say "what's done is done" and keep trying to make better choices.  I struggle with my "everything in moderation" philosophy, but I know deprivation will only lead to disaster for me.

Just keep yourself accountable somehow - journal your food or post here or whatever works for you!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Jojeki
on 2/22/11 12:56 pm - Fall River, MA
It happens to all of us.  I went through the same thing recently and posted about it.  I told my family and friends that if they saw me about to make a bad food choice to call my attention to it and lovingly tell me not to do it.  To be honest with you the first few times I was like "um, ok enough already", but then something clicked and I realized that it was what I asked them to do.

For the past week or so I have been back on track and it paid off.  After a 4-5 week stall and stress eating, etc. the scale moved again.  You realized it, you acknowledged what you need to do, so do it!!

Best of luck.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs