Dr. Lautz - Consultation vs Actual Surgery Date

Amy F.
on 2/14/11 1:46 am - MA
Hi All!

I'm new to the board and am so looking forward to my journey... I have taken 5 of the requisite 6 classes and have my consultation with Dr. Lautz at the Brigham on 3/10/11.  For those that have had him as their surgeon, how long is it from consultation to actual surgery date? 

I'm trying to plan ahead for work (and childcare purposes) but don't want to seem pushy to the office.

If I could have the surgery done yesterday I totally would.  :)
Valerieb09
on 2/16/11 12:51 pm - Seacoast, NH
Hi,
He's my surgeon and he's awesome!  One of the best in New England!  What are those classes you mentioned?  I didn't have to do any classes.
You will get your surgery date at your consultation appt. unless they have changed the process.  He is the ONLY one in his office that does it like this...you will also get the list of your preop tests, etc.  The surgery date will depend on how booked up he is.  He is so very busy as everyone wants him as their surgeon...
I have had two WLS and he did both of them.  I remember picking the month I wanted the surgery done due to work committments so I had both surgeries in June, different years of course.
Good Luck!
Valerie

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Jojeki
on 2/22/11 1:08 pm - Fall River, MA

I had Dr. Lautz for my RNY in Sept '10 and I did not have to take any classes either.  Was that something his office required or something through your insurance?  I had my appointment June '10 and surgery was scheduled for 3 months later.  My surgery appt and all other tests and appointments were all made on that same day in June.

Best of luck with surgery.  I am going to be at Dr. Lautz office on 3/10 for my 6 month follow up.  I will be there for an appt around 10 am.  Email me on here if you want to and we can compare appointment times and perhaps I can answer some questions while we are sitting there waiting to be seen.

Dawn

HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Amy F.
on 2/22/11 9:11 pm - MA
Yeah... it was my insurance.  Of course, I lost my job last Friday and am now switching to my husband insurance, which ironically doesn't require the classes... figures.  I could have had the surgery already!  I'll be in on 3/10 as well, but my appointment is at 2:30p.  Perhaps we could plan to meet in the middle, like 11:30 or something?  I'll just bring a book and relax.  With two kids at home and a babysitter I'd be more than happy to relax somewhere for a little bit.  :)

I'll check in as we get closer to that date!
Jojeki
on 2/23/11 1:46 pm - Fall River, MA
Can't do it at that time because right after my appt with Dr. Lautz & Nutritionist I need to head back home for another appointment.   Sorry to hear about the job loss.  Best of luck with the other insurance.  Feel free to email me here for any questions you have.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views