Im Home!

LianaMarie248
on 2/12/11 11:05 am - MA
I got home around noon today and am feeling sore but the pain meds help a lot. Ive got good movement and Im taking in fluids easily even if its not much. I feel okay but sore like I said and it's only painful when Im getting in and out of bed or when I forget I just had surgery and move a lil too fast.

Thanks for the private messages and emails everyone! No Christine..lol..Im not skinny yet, but soon I hope!

So, Ill tell you about my "interesting" Salem Hospital experience. I got to the hospital too early on some miscommunication from my Dr.s office..no biggie. I went into surgery at 11ish and I hardly remember much the first day except my mom being there in my room when I woke up here and there. Also realizing I was in a shared room seemed bad but ended up being great. My roomie, Deana, was awesome and we may become great friends from here on out. We both had RNY on the same day (different Dr.s).

The second day was terrible except for my 6 visitors! They couldnt get into my veins well so I had numerous holes all over my arms..and boy do I bruise easily. the pain was finally kicking in and I wa****ting that morphine pump like it was a lifeline. Heprine (spelling) shots are awful btw. Lil tiny shots to the belly every 8 hours to thin my blood so I wouldnt get a clot (I have a nice amount of bruises from that as well). Then I had to start walking which sucked the first few times but got better. But the worst part was the bloating and fever I got and the pinch from the catheter coming out. My blood pressure was very high all the days at the hospital and I was given meds for that as well. Overnight nurses at the hospital smelled like doritos and one even wiped her hands on her scrubs after sucking her fingers. I was mortified.

Third day was better except for a few minor details like my meds trying to go through my IV and instead ending up ouside my vein in my wrist which swelled into a small golfball. Then my veins were small and the nurse had to get them "hydrated enough" and switched my IV into the other hand. More holes. :/ But I had some good walks and I could finally get broth down. Plus I had more visitors! Wahoo! also, I had gotten 4 dozen flowers and a necklace and some cards. I was pampered. haha

They took my drain out this am and signed my release forms and now I am free from the Hospital. My biggest issue with all of this is how my doctor was. he came in too fast and left faster and made me cry. He pushed my bed into a sitting position fast and I was crying and begging him to stop and he said "ull be fine". Then he lifted my johnny when I was sitting in a chair to check my stomach..and I wasnt wearing any clothing underneath obvs (no curtian closed either and door was open. the nurse noticed and closed the door). Then he never showed friday night as he "left for the weeked" the staff said. :( I dont even wanna see him Thursday.

Anyway, besides some of these struggles, I accomplished stairs and Im doing great on them and am getting enough fluids for a handful of bathroom moments so I feel pretty good. Wounds are healing but Im still a bit puffy! It def hurts to laugh but Ive been in great spirits given the cir****tances and I feel happy!

Thanks for the support!
i was amped to get these messages. Ur all so amazing xoxo

Liana

RedSox15
on 2/12/11 12:07 pm - MA
Yay - glad everything went well for the most part. Sorry for all the holes and some crappy bedside manners. I cannot believe your surgeon did that ... appalling!!

You'll be puffy for a few more days ... I hated being full of gas - ugh!!

Let us know if you need anything
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LianaMarie248
on 2/12/11 9:13 pm - MA
I appreciate that kate. I do hope the puffiness eases a bit. I look pregnant. Lol. I am going to try and walk the stairs and driveway today. I feel energetic but dry. Getting a lot of water in is hard. Everyone was right about making sure u get fluids in first. I'm not even hungry and I could care less about who eats in front of me now. CJ was right...the life style change is a struggle but I def can't wait to be under 200. Dr said he'd weigh me on Thursday. Woots. Now I'm going to have some water and go walk a bit. Jello is still tough. Xo.

Liana

C J
on 2/12/11 9:53 pm - Franklin, MA
YAY! You're home!!! Jeeze I think if it could happen, it happened to you huh... not quite the smoothest ride sorry ya had to go thru what ya did, nothing worse than insensitivity of people that should be taking care of ya... I'm a baby when I'm sick and need to be fawned over !

I was completely intimidated by the Jell-O and even today it's still not my fave... I do good with yogurt (sometimes greek), and broth is good too but at the same time, I can't believe how much my taste has changed.

Dunno what your daily fluid goal is but... just keep sipping, ya don't want to become dehydrated!  I got to a point where I'd forget because I just wasn't interested so I set an alarm which was annoying but if I had my sips first I could cancel the alarm and not have to listen to it.

Things are MUCH better now!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It DEFINITELY gets easier every day!!

Sooooooooooo happy for you

LianaMarie248
on 2/13/11 1:32 am - MA
I loved ur message. Made me laugh...which hurt. Lol. Yea. I got some jello down earlier but everything seems like a lot now. And food smells weird to me. I like the broth a lot. But I'm mostly trying to ge****er down. Its sort of a chore. I did have a quarter of a popsickle last night. My bro ate the rest. Lol. Its crazy how it doesn't bother me at all when others can eat now! Lol. How are u doing btw. Any new news?

skinnycat
on 2/13/11 12:12 am - Peabody, MA
Hi,

I am so glad you are home.  I am so sorry about some of your bad experiences.  I thought about you everyday.  I e mailed Kathleen and she told me you were OK and she went to visit you in the hospital.

I hope to see you next Sat.  If you are not up to it that is OK.  You have to heal.

Hang in there, you won't regret it.

Donna

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

LianaMarie248
on 2/13/11 1:27 am - MA
Hey donna. Sorry I didn't call. I've had a lot of people around taking care of me. Kathleen said shed email u for me. I'm glad u two spoke. I think next sat might not work but maybe the week after. Kathleen agrees. I just want more time to heal. Let me know if that works for u. Ttus.

Liana

skinnycat
on 2/13/11 3:18 am - Peabody, MA
Hi,

I am glad you are OK.  That's OK about the meeting.  The next one is March 5th.

I will keep in touch anyhow. 

Donna

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Cusscusscutie
on 2/13/11 1:55 am - MA
Sorry for the stinky hospital staff, but your are home and will be feeling and looking great in no time!  BTW  I would write a letter to the head of the hospital regarding your concerns.  I bet you are not the only one that had to deal with such unprofessionalism!
(deactivated member)
on 2/13/11 11:12 pm - Boston, MA
I'm glad you're home safe and sound!  Sorry about your bad hospital stay, I have had one of those in the past..it really does seem to make everything worse when the staff can't get their **** together for you!!  If it's worth the effort you could write them a letter.. personally I just wanted to forget about it and I let it drop but I guess if no one complains how will they know they need to change right?!!

Hope you're recovery goes well!! Welcome home!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views