Exercise idea

lisa2010
on 2/7/11 5:52 pm - MA
Would anyone be interested in starting a walking/hiking group?  Could be kind of like a support/networking group on the move.  I'm thinking we could meet up once a month, and each time pick a different park to visit - right now could mean snowshoeing (some places DO have rentals!) or a more urban park with plowed paths, later could be anywhere.  I'd be willing to drive a bit sometimes if others are - checking out new trails old be fun, and if we go together, we'll know we are with people who will understand and not make us feel bad for whatever level of fitness we're at.

In bad weather, a different option would be walking at an indoor location - museums or such.  But I think I prefer the idea of trying to get outside instead.

-Lisa 
Starting Weight: 277.5, Pre-op Weight: 259.3, Current Weight: 176.8

mcarmichae1
on 2/8/11 4:15 am
i would be interested. not so keen on the outdoors during winter. I get very cold very quickly.

lisa2010
on 2/8/11 5:41 pm - MA
 What about meeting up at a museum or something?  I was thinking the Science museum, ONLY because I'm a member so if we met up in the lobby I could get both of us in for free.   Any interest?

RedSox15
on 2/8/11 7:57 am, edited 2/8/11 7:57 am - MA
Hey Lisa!

Where in MA are you ... a few gals and myself from the Bridgewater Support Group get together a lot and do exercise outings ... sounds like a great idea you have!!! Maybe we're close enough to get together? If no I know that Lisa, Lynn and myself are usually up for traveling!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

lisa2010
on 2/8/11 5:57 pm - MA
Hi, I'm in Arlington... Bridgewater is a bit far, but I can do it once in a while, or maybe we could meet somewhere?  Have you been to Borderland State Park?  Looks about halfway, not *too* far for either of us.  I could come down there sometimes, but probably not too often.  A word of warning: if you guys have been working out together for a while, your physical abilities probably far surpass mine - I'm just getting started!  But I do enjoy it!

Or we could just pick things we want to do/see, and then decide if the distance is worth it.  I think I want to walk the Freedom Trail this year (haven't since I was a kid, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the whole thing then), but not alone.  Any ideas?

RedSox15
on 2/8/11 6:17 pm - MA
I'd love to walk the Freedom Trail sometime ... that would be awesome!!  We definitely don't do anything too strenous LOL.  We just walk mainly :)  The most "strenous" thing we did was Disc Golf AT Borderland Park (which is actually only 5 minutes from my house, much much closer to us.)  We could definitely meet halfway somwhere ... I'm going to the gym in a few minutes w/ Lisa & Lynn ... let me run it by them and see what they think!  I know they would love to join!! :)
*Kate*

lisa2010
on 2/9/11 8:09 am - MA
What did they say?!  Let me know, and we can start trying to figure out a date and a plan :-)

RedSox15
on 2/11/11 4:00 am - MA
We're up for it!  Just let us know what you're thinking of!! :)
*Kate*

lisa2010
on 2/11/11 7:36 pm - MA

How does this sound, at Blue Hills?

Sunday, January 23

Bigfoot Stomp: A Snowshoe Hike

1 pm

Call 617-698-1802 x212 for registration and meeting place. Did you just get a new pair of snowshoes or looking to get a set? Join a DCR Ranger and an REI Outdoor School Instructor for a guided romp through the Blue Hills. We’ll provide the tips and tricks to getting around in the deep stuff. REI will also have a limited number of adult size snowshoes to loan. No experience is necessary! 1.5 hours

I thought a planned hike like this might be better because they have loaner snowshoes (I may check JobLot to see if they still have cheap ones, or look into renting them from REI or buying used, but they can be pricey so I like the idea of loaners just for the afternoon!)

We could to lunch before, or a cup of coffee afterwards, if you guys want.  

RedSox15
on 2/11/11 11:35 pm - MA
Sounds awesome, but I work Sundays so its a no go for me :(  Also, it says January 23rd LOL??
*Kate*

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views