Two weeks out!

C J
on 2/7/11 10:29 am - Franklin, MA
Had my 2week  follow up today, it went great and I'm right on track... yay me!

What a difference a week makes, getting in my fluids and my protein has become easier every day!!!   I think I've finally slept off the anesthesia and I'm up and going to the gym for some walking, no "working out" for a few more weeks but I'm using this time to get into a routine!!

Best part of the day... I've progressed to stage 4 diet!! WOOHOO!!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

LianaMarie248
on 2/7/11 1:25 pm - MA
Congrats! Im going in on Wednesday and I hope I do as well as you seem to be doing! YaY for the Losers bench! Save me a spot okay?

Liana

lisa2010
on 2/7/11 5:48 pm - MA
Congratulations, you're doing great! 

What does the stage 4 diet include for you?  (My plan only had 3 stages, and I just got to stage 3 around 4 weeks out).  

Have fun at the gym.  I'm thinking about buying snow shoes for my walking.  Or maybe just strapping on ice skates and getting to work that way... I'm pretty sure the sidewalks are iced over enough.  (not really, LOL.... but close - I use "YakTrax" over my boots, and I don't slip at all, but I'm ready for spring).

2 weeks out is when I started to feel more normal... before that I slept all the time and was basically miserable.  Sounds like the same is happening for you :-)

Starting Weight: 277.5, Pre-op Weight: 259.3, Current Weight: 176.8

C J
on 2/7/11 11:58 pm - Franklin, MA

I'm part of the Tufts program, no doubt each program defines their stages differently!!!
Stage 1,2,3 were all liquids incl. yogurts, popsicles, protien shakes.
Stage 4 now incorporates more dense proteins like tuna, chicken, ground meat, beans, cheese (still no carbs unless I meet my protein goal of 50+g's)
Stage 5 is another four weeks away... then I can have crackers or toast, start incorporating more carbs and maybe some fresh fruit and vegetables :-)

I like this becuase it slowly incorporates new foods and textures to my new tummy.
It doesn't have to be "pureed" but I chew chew chew before I swallow my exaggeratedly small bites so it may as well be by the time I swallow it!

Yeah a huge difference going into this week - I have more energy and have been taking less naps!!  It's tough not to get bored when I'm home alone and no adult interaction/conversation!!!

MrsClaus09
on 2/8/11 8:58 am
Hey CJ - congrats to you!!!  Sounds like things are going great!  Hope every day is better than the last - keep up the great work!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Penny V.
on 2/8/11 11:24 pm - Orleans, MA
So glad to hear you are doing better!!  Each week gets even better.

I hope to see youat HOWL on the 28th!

Penny

RedSox15
on 2/9/11 1:45 am - MA
Yahooooooooo! So glad to hear you're doing so well!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views