Wednesdays the big day!

LianaMarie248
on 2/7/11 1:36 pm - MA
Woah. Surgery in two days. Not sure how I feel. Im a little nervous I guess and a little excited, but mostly unsure. I know it's the next step in my life but the realization that someone will be cutting into me to "help" me lose the weight is a little nerve racking. I guess Im just being a worry wart. I need to pack a few things tomorrow for Wed am but I dont even know what to pack. I am tired too. This liquid diet is taking a toll on my body. Im happy Im losing weight but I feel exhausted and run down. Good thing Im not working for a bit.

I know all my fears and worries will be gone soon. Just venting I guess. I should be jumping for joy...I just know its not all sunshine and daisies. Its a difficult journey especially immediately post-op. Hopefully I will have no complications and everything will be all set.

If anyone has a story about their surgery and/or post op Id love to read about it.

Liana

C J
on 2/8/11 12:12 am - Franklin, MA

My advice - stay positive, keep your chin uP! This is a GOOD THING!!!

As far as packing - You'll be home before ya know it...they have what you'll need at the hospital for showering (I did bring my own shampoo/conditioner and a comb and ponyholder),  Chapstick was a must because soon after you'll be barely sipping but ur lips get wicked dry.  I brought my iPod and some magazines but didn't touch either one!   The clothes I wore in were the ones I wore home.  I did have my cell phone (cuz it's free vs. the hospital phone) I used it a bit to check in w/my family and let 'em know I'm doing good :-)

I mentioned before my biggest struggle was getting in my fluid oz's, it felt so forced.  Then I learned "don't force it" just keep sipping and stay hydrated when ya get home!!!

My experience... it's the adjustment that's NOT easy, it's hard to describe.  On the bright side, I had very little if any pain at all which made it tolerable. 

You're gonna do GREAT - can't wait to hear from you in a few days!!!!

LianaMarie248
on 2/8/11 1:22 pm - MA
Thanks so much. just packed my magazines and some small things i need like deoderant and dental stuff. Im ready! :) Im wearing loose clothes in to also wear home like u said and I think thats all. :)

I guess its about time to stop being all weird and angsty and go to bed. See u on the other side! <3

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views