6 Days!!!

LianaMarie248
on 2/2/11 11:36 pm - MA
Hey all. Just updating. Im doing better on the liquid diet. Its stressful and Im tired and I want food but like you all said, I am finding it easier to get along with it. I even find myself trying to remember if Ive had my dinner shake and being like wow..im not even hungry. I have to force it. Crazy huh?

I had my blood work done and my Gastroscopy done. Anesthesia made me woozy and cry alot as it wore off...I was a mess. lol!

Now Im just keeping busy and trying to count down the days til the 9th when I go in for my RNY. Im getting excited. Plus Ive lost weight on the liquid diet. Woots! Im staring to feel better about this all. :)

So on a side note. I mentioned I was having this surgery to a distant cousin who had it approximately ten years ago. She freaked and told me not to because she had complications (needs iron infusions and blood transfusions for a blood disorder due to surgery). She was very negative and I felt like she was bashing my decision to become healthy and happy.She said shed pray for me that it goes well and I dont regret my decision...I didnt know what to say. I wont change my mind but then..I dont really want the negative energy. I hope others wont be so negative in knowing what Ive done to MY body.

Vent=over :)

Love you all. Thanks so much for the support! xoxo

Liana

LianaMarie248
on 2/2/11 11:36 pm - MA
LianaMarie248
on 2/2/11 11:43 pm - MA
RedSox15
on 2/3/11 1:29 am - MA
Yay! Glad the liquid diet is going well... isn't it funny to try and remember if you've had something to eat?? Who would of thought!! LOL LOL

UGh - don't listen to your negative cousin!!! PLENTY (actually the majority) of post-ops don't have any complications! ME ME ME! I've had no issues so don't go into this regretting anything!! The only thing I think a lot of people regret is not doing it sooner!!

So excited for you that you only have a few days left - WAHOO !!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

LianaMarie248
on 2/3/11 11:24 pm - MA
Thanks so much! I hear ya. Its such negative energy. Im so not interested.

Im on a countdown tho. 5 more days..well plus today I guess. I am amped. I am losing weight already and though its not very significant, I feel great and Im so ready to not be fat anymore.

I just found an apartment too! And Tom got a promotion so I am no longer worried about finding a job so soon after surgery. Plus the apartment we found has ammenities like a GYM and a POOL! So I will be working this tush off! lol

As for the liquid diet...I am barely getting "snacks" in (Jello, pudding, 100% juice, bananas, yogurt, etc.) I pretty much just have my shakes and drink water all day. Im not even starving. It feels so good! *jumps up and down*

Thanks for being supportive girly!

BTW, how are you post op from your tonsil surgery? I hope you are doing well! :)

Lee

beautiflepiphany
on 2/3/11 3:24 am
Congrats on doing this well so far!!!  I know how it feels when people try telling you it's a bad idea.... Everytime I mentioned that I want to get it done to some one they are like.... omg it is such a drastic surgary, it kills people.... can  you have children with it... ... Dont do it... i know someone who knows someone who knows someone who has all these problems because of it.... just go on a diet....  blah blah..... but most people i have talked to who have had it done are so happy they have had it done!  Everybody is different and i guess there are some people who's bodies may not react as well as other peoples... but isn't it worth it even if there are a few complicaations to be thin and have them rather than be heavy and have complications that you would have anyway from being fat??? It's like ... I would rather be thin and have iron infusions instead of being fat and having to take insulin injections or have back problems that i would need surgery for  because of my weight... the trade of doesnt seem to be really worse you know what i mean.... might as weel be thin and suffer than be fat and suffer!!!    ... not that you would suffer.. most people I've seen wish they could have had the  surgery years before they got it...

And honestly, I think that the doctor that does the surgery is a big deal... i wonder if your cousin went to a known good surgan or a center of excellance...?
LianaMarie248
on 2/3/11 11:27 pm - MA
Yea! No more listening to negative people! Im so done with that. This is my body and my decision and its a healthy one thats going to benefit me in the long run. I feel great. Thanks for the support. I am ready!

She had it done in CT I think but who knows. Everything has advanced and Im sure she just got the bad end of it being that it was so new. I dunno. Shes negative and Im not worried. I feel bad about her complications but ur right. Id rather be skinny and have minor issues than fat and die younger for food?!?! really the benefits outweight the negatives.

Have a good Day!

Lee

jugilber
on 2/3/11 7:08 pm - MA
Hey Liana..
Just to let you know...10 years ago they bipassed way more of the small bowel than they do today...which caused severe malabsorption...although I just had mine this past year and have needed iron transfusions...does it suck?  small price to pay,,,just keep positive...like Kate said the majority of people do well...
Good luck...
Julie

LianaMarie248
on 2/3/11 11:30 pm - MA
Thats really interesting. Im sorry you have to do the infusions. I am iron deficient and Vitamin D deficient but they said I should be okay after and just have to take iron supplements. But Id take the infusions too like you said over the weight. I am tired of being embarrassed to go outside with my love because I am overweight and he isnt. I want to be healthy and happy and not in fear of how Im teetering on being diabetic and how heart failure runs in my family. Last thing I need is a weight induced heart attack at a young age. You are an inspiration. Hope ur having a good day! Thanks for the support and reply!

Lee

skinnycat
on 2/3/11 9:48 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi Liana,

Don't listen to anyone.  Do what you feel is right.  This website is proof that the surgery
will work and be successful. You are young anyhow and you will be just fine.  You are so close
to the date.  Believe me,  it is worth it.

Hang in there.  I hope to see you tomorrow.

Donna
(skinnycat)

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views