Clothing?

Cusscusscutie
on 1/31/11 7:48 am - MA
I have a question for the postop ppl out there.  I am wondering what you do for clothes as you lose weight?  I am especially interested in the ppl who dress codes at their place of business.  Just something I was thinking about.   Thanks! 
RedSox15
on 1/31/11 9:46 am, edited 1/31/11 9:48 am - MA
Why hello =)

For my job my company provides me with a shirt but we must wear black pants. TJ Maxx & Marshalls have great pants for cheap .. alot of people have luck there! Unfortunately, pants have always been difficult for me to find pre & post op. If pants fit my waist perfectly they were always too big on my thighs. I looked ridiculous.

I have seen a lot of posts of people shopping at thrift stores for good bargains. Not sure where you are located in MA but some of my friends who have had surgery said they have awesome luck at a place called Savers. There is one in Plymouth but not sure if there are more stores.

Clothing can be a ***** after surgery! It can get pretty expensive for us!! UGH! I wasted so much $$ on clothes and then they would be too big for me a month later

Once you hit your goal weight I say invest in a really nice pair of pants and if you continue to lose weight after that you can always have them tailored to fit you perfectly.

I don't know if my post helped you at all ... I feel like I just rambled on and on and on and on .... LOL LOL =)

So, overall - don't invest in expensive clothes as you are losing weight (like I did!) It is a total waste of money since you'll be going through them wicked quick. Stick to cheap stores like Target, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and AJ Wright (I've never been to an AJ Wright so I'm not sure about their prices but I think they're the same as TJ's)

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jugilber
on 2/2/11 12:26 pm - MA
I am a big fan of the salvation army...and consignment shops...I wear scrubbs so I am lucky...I dont have to worry about work clothes...also put the word out to your friends if they are getting rid of any clothes...I have so many clothes now mostly from friends...
Hope this was helpful
Julie

Just Brooke
on 2/3/11 8:49 pm
Our weight loss center has a clothing swap every so often but it has never worked out for me since they have tons of clothes for heavy people and like one little pile of small clothes. I just go to the Salvation Army! I get 90% of my clothes there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views