HNE?? Help!!

SuperMomm22
on 1/25/11 9:32 am
let me start by saying, i started this journey about 4 years ago (or more) and, due to bumps in the road, and life in general, i had to put things on hold. now im back and ready to get this done!!!!

when i first was trying to get the surgery, you were required to jump thru so many hoops and i just could not coordinate and commit to it at the time. now, this is my time and im going to get it done no matter what!!!

i have health new england and i live in the springfield, ma area. i am waiting on the actual packet frm the ins co to come in the mail but over the phone they said that the requirements for approval are:
bmi of X-X with no co-morbids OR bmi of 35 with 2 co-morbids
6 mo supervised diet
nutritionist
physc eval

it doesnt say anywhere that i have to show 5 yrs of medical records/previous weight loss attempts. sooo is it not required by my ins? just curious bc im trying to get all my ducks in a row. seminar w office in feb but any info would be helpful..thanks
Lynn C
on 1/26/11 9:35 am
if its not in the packet then its not needed. I had my WW records and Jennie Craig, etc and my doctor took it from there - had no problems.

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views