Gallbladder coming out tomorrow

Penny V.
on 1/18/11 8:19 am - Orleans, MA
So, I am having my gallbladder out tomorrow. I am an add on to the surgical schedule so I don't know what time. I am realizing that I have probably had gallstones for some time.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, AND - Idon't think I will be making it to HOWL on Monday. (Kate, we will meet up some time in this life :)

C J
on 1/18/11 8:28 am - Franklin, MA
You'll do great, I assure you life without a gallbladder is delightful! 
Wishing you the quickest recovery !

Oh - I can't make HOWL either... I'm having my RNY on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

Penny V.
on 1/18/11 8:51 am - Orleans, MA
I am so happy for you C J. I found that the RNY is the best thing that has ever happended to me (except for getting married, kids and grandkids). But all kidding aside, you will wish you did this years ago.

I look forward to meeting you at a future HOWL meeting!

Good luck with your surgery!

RedSox15
on 1/18/11 10:54 am - MA
Best of luck on your surgery !!!! Yes, someday we will meet!! haha Not sure if I can make it... all depends if I can get someone to relieve me early at work. Need someone to come in at 430 instead of 530 otherwise I won't make it!

Christine - umm, we totally expect you to be @ HOWL! Just b/c you're having surgery doesn't mean you can't come ... be there in your johnny, wheelchair and morphone drip!!! hehehehe
C J
on 1/20/11 11:27 pm - Franklin, MA
Hey Penny - been watching for an update... hoping you're home resting and taking it easy!!
Let us know will ya!
Penny V.
on 1/21/11 4:44 am - Orleans, MA
Sorry for not responding sooner. Surgery went great, although there were a lot of delays on the hospital's part. I was called about 6:30 p.m.  to come in. Made it in, only to learn of another emergency - it was awesome they kept me informed. Once the OR was free, they had to wait to make sure they had recovery space. The hospital census was through the roof, there were 18 people in ER waiting for beds, etc.

So I got in about 9:30, back to thehotel room about 1:00 a.m. Long night.

Came home yesterday and am now recovering at home. Dealing with some pain, to be expected and all else is well.

Dr. Kim did a great job, once again. She was able to reuse one of the incisions. CJ - I will be praying for you Monday.

Penny

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views