Anyone else have Dr. Benedetto?

LianaMarie248
on 1/14/11 11:52 pm - MA
I just want to know about your experience with him. Some common ground you know? Im having my surgery on Valentines day. I hope to hear about your journey soon!

Liana

LianaMarie248
on 1/15/11 12:02 am - MA
Also, What were peoples experience day of at the hospital? and what should I bring with me? I will be having the surgery at Salem Hospital (North Shore Medical Center). Thanks

Soxfan75
on 1/18/11 3:05 am - Beverly, MA
I had Dr Benedetto. He is a nice guy. I unfortunately got an infection after my surgery so I was not very happy with that. I had to go back into the hospital for another week which was horrible. I blame it partly on him. I guess the camera was stuck inside me for a little while and he couldn't get it out. That caused the infection. Anyways....it's unusual for that sort of thing to happen. It was just my luck I guess. He is a nice guy but sometimes rushes you in appointments. I probably would have picked the other surgeon Dr Buckley if I had known more about the two.

LianaMarie248
on 1/18/11 10:11 pm - MA
Im sorry that you had a bad experience. So far Ive had a great experience with him and he was a recommendation from two of my other doctors but this gives me something to think about. I see hime tomorrow for an appt reguarding the Gastric Im having on Feb 14th. Anything you think I should have for him as questions are concerned? Thanks for replying to my post.

Soxfan75
on 1/18/11 11:10 pm - Beverly, MA
 I didn't have a ton of questions before surgery. Most of the questions I had came after. I would bring a list of questions with me to the appointments after I had the surgery. Don't bring too much stuff to the hospital because you are pretty out of it the whole time. I brought so much stuff that I never even used. I used my robe a lot because they get you up and have you walk in the hallways so that came in handy. I was able to get a private room because I requested one so I would do the same. The people at Salem Hospital were really nice so you should have no problems.

skinnycat
on 1/19/11 1:09 am - Peabody, MA
Hi Soxfan,

I noticed you live in Beverly.  I am the leader for the new Northshore OH Group.  I have them everyother week at The Herrick House in Beverly.  The next one is Sat 1/22 10am to 11am.

Please join me.

"Let's make this journey together"

Donna
(Skinnycat)

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views