fear of failure?

kgrenier12
on 1/14/11 1:44 am - pembroke, MA
Any of you felt this way?
You get to a size that you haven't been in 15 years and you are scared?
I'm not scared of being too thin - it's just the fear of failure and bouncing back up to size 26.

I'm 90 pounds down after a year and have about 10-20 pounds left.

My life has been turned upside down - tons of energy, decaffeinated, de-alcoholed.
I volunteer at scouts and Church.  For "fun" I hike and do video projects. 
I'm loving yoga, spin and weight lifting.
Overall I am so grateful and happy to be where I am. 

I also reached non weight related goals last year - I ran, did a "pike" on an exercise ball, did spin classes and got back into Yoga.

So, why am I finding it hard to believe that I fit into a size 12 pant? 

My mind needs to catch up with my body.

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
M M
on 1/14/11 5:18 am
 It will -- it takes time to discover your new normal.

First your weight should bottom out and you will find place to land, this may include a few pounds up.  You're likely not done yet.

After that, you will feel skinny -- but your brain doesn't connect.

I'd say it's about the third year when you realize - THIS IS ME.  I own this.
RedSox15
on 1/14/11 11:42 am - MA
Fear of failure = my life story. I think this is a good topic for our next meeting, Kerry.

Every time I put a piece of food into my mouth I see myself going back to a size 28. Scares the everliving **** out of me.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jugilber
on 1/16/11 2:36 pm - MA
Hey Girls...
Kerry I know EXACTLY how you feel...I fall off the perverbial wagon for a day or a week....next thing you know I am putting myself back into the 24 276lbs....and then some...I just spoke to my  therapist this past week about this and she made a good point in saying that the chances of that happening are low BECAUSE we are so incredibly MINDFUL of this...the people who ignore it....thats a worry....Your luck Kerry to know who you are through this transition...I have never been so confused about who I am and what makes me happy...and what I want in general...that was another topic we talked about and she told me to make a list of things I like...that was a week ago....I still haven't put one thing on the list...crazy huh?
I hope you guys are coming to flowers meeting at our house wednesday...I think this would be a great topic to talk about...
BTW....I am officially down 90LBS!!!!  and I still cant see it....well I should say MOST days I dont see it...every once in a while I see it for a moment....and smile....
I hope to see you all at our house wednesday!!!
Julie

kgrenier12
on 1/16/11 10:33 pm - pembroke, MA
Thank you everyone for the replies!!!!

I am going Wednesday night and would love to discuss this more Wednesday night!!!

It is so good to have friends that are in this with me!

Thank you!

Kerry

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs