New Here

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/11 9:21 am - Boston, MA
 Hi there.. Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been lurking around on the RNY board for a few months.. but I've finally wandered over here and I thought I'd introduce myself.  My name is Kimberly I live in Millis with my 3 children 17, 13 & 10 and my boyfriend.  I've decided to have the RNY, I just had my 4th appointment and I'm waiting to hear back from the doctors office about my appointment to meet the surgeon I'm hoping to have my surgery the end of February beginning of March.. I'm scared and so excited!!!  I guess that's all.. so Hi everyone!
RedSox15
on 1/7/11 10:46 am - MA
Hi Kimberly

Welcome to the MA board - lots of great people and support on here :)  Don't be afraid to ask any questions!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/11 10:25 pm - Boston, MA
Thanks Kate!
Weighfaring
on 1/8/11 12:57 am - Westwood, MA
 Hi, Kimberly!

Congrats!  Its the best decision I made!
Highest Weight: 335, Pre Surgery: 313, Surgery on 11/9/09

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 4:21 am - Boston, MA
 Thanks! I hope I'm saying the same thing as you a year from now!!
C J
on 1/8/11 3:02 am - Franklin, MA
Welcome aboard :-)    You're gonna love it here!
I grew up in Millis (live in Franklin) still have a sis in Millis and my roots of course :-)

Scheduled for RNY surgery on Tuesday as in 3 days from now semi-freak out mode in full force... Tuesday can't get here soon enough!!

It's definitely a process, lots of appointments but worth the wait for sure!

Christine :-)

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 4:33 am - Boston, MA
Thanks for the welcome Christine!  wow so exciting for you.. 3 more days! I wish you a quick easy surgery and speedy recovery, I read your blog I hope this surgery gets you the result you are looking for.  I too struggled with which surgery to get.... I wanted the least invasive with the least possibility of complications (don't we all want that?)..  in end RNY seems like I'll get what I need and want out of it better than the other choices.. hard decision though!  

I grew up in Minnesota, I've been in Millis about 14 years now.. wow that makes me feel old LOL I love it here!   Is there a support group around here? What hospital are you going to? I'm going to Beth Israel .. they have a support group for post op patients.. I think driving into Boston will get old quick though, I hate that traffic!

Thanks again for the welcome.. and good luck next week I'll be wishing positive thoughts for you!

Kimberly
sunjoymom
on 1/8/11 9:20 am - Worcester, MA
Hi there! Welcome and good luck on your journey :) 
~ Tania 

Highest 324 / Surgery 305 /Goal 165 / Current 172 

Jojeki
on 1/9/11 12:04 am - Fall River, MA
Welcome.  Being scared and excited it normal.  My daughter had the RNY in August 2009 and I swore up and down that I would never do the surgery and she shouldn't either.  It is because I was not educated.  Once I saw her results over the course of a few months and asked her lots of questions I decided to join the message boards.  I learned alot reading personal accounts of what people went through and I asked everyone I could on here and the general RNY boards many questions.  I had my RNY in Sept 2010 and am glad I did. 

Feel free to ask anything, there is never a dumb question and even if it has been answered before somewhere on the message boards there is always someone willing to answer it again or post a link to other helpful responses.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

Sue M.
on 1/10/11 12:46 am - Nantucket, MA
Welcome!

Lots of good folks here, and we will answer anything we can!  (though sometimes the answer is "call your surgeon!!".  :)

Lots of success stories here, and I think it's because we stay connected (at least, that's how I think I've continued to do well), so commit to support somewhere! 

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views