Clothing Exchange?

Meg_S
on 12/15/10 3:38 am - Natick, MA
Hi, I have alot of size 26/28 and 3X clothing that I've outgrown. I want to give it to someone who can use it. I think Goodwill and Veterans collects and sells as bulk, so basically they become rags. I'd hate to see that happen. Anyone have any info on clothing exchanges or what types of items consignment stores take?

Thanks.

Meg

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

SWAGALICIOUS .
on 12/15/10 4:39 am
my support group is having a clothing exchange, everyone in the group will bring in their clothes that are too big and they just switch them off. it's kinda set up like a garage sale . just a idea !!!!
Meg_S
on 12/15/10 4:45 am - Natick, MA

That is a good idea, I think I'll bring that up at the meeting next week. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just Brooke
on 12/15/10 6:35 am
We have a clothing swap every other month at my weight loss center. Certain times of the year (like as the seasons change) the swaps are a huge hit. Is this something you can bring up to the people at your weight loss center? They might be into it as long as people are willing to help with the set up and clean up.

CATHERINE81
on 12/20/10 12:12 am - BROCKTON, MA
hey meg are you busy next monday ?> theres a bridgewater meeting i think youd love im not sure if i can make tomorrow i gotta bring a friend into boston... i got some clothes im bringing to bridgewater monday wanted to know if you wanted to come to the group
Meg_S
on 12/20/10 2:55 am - Natick, MA
Hi Catherine,

Bridgewater is kind of far for me, I'm in Natick so it's a bit of a hike. In case you're not there tomorrow, Merry Christmas! Is Flower having her group? Quincy is a bit closer than Bridgewater.

Meg

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views