1.11.11 (49 Days!!!)

C J
on 11/22/10 6:27 am - Franklin, MA
              FINALLY got my date!!!!   

It hasn't really been all that long, my first appointment was the end of August. Made it thru all the "regular appointments" plus a few extra tests since my procedure is a revision. Tufts has been awesome with timely appointments and scheduling back to back in one day which made for very little disruption in my life (not that I would have minded).

I'm making my formal announcement at Thanksgiving - because this year along with being thankful for my kitty Tuxedo (he's 19), my Fiance, My Family, Friends, Co-Workers and Colleagues and ALL of the OH'ers that have been so supportive and inspirational, I can add yet another chance at a "normal" life to the list <3

I am truly blessed.
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Liz J.
on 11/22/10 9:18 am - Woonsocket, RI
congrats!! Best wishes!
AwesomeForever
on 11/22/10 1:18 pm - Marlborough, MA
Congratulations.
I think it was just about this length of time. My original consult was scheduled for October 2007. I had been in the basic exploratory seminar at Newton Wellesley at the end of August. I felt like there were almost seventy people there and when oh when would I get surgery. I think many rethought the commitment and did not apply.

I loved how N-W had all the different tests done in the same place. I see many youtube videos where people have to schedule days off constantly to comply with all that is needed to get this surgery.

One of my friends went to Tufts but it was discovered that he had colon cancer. I am not sure of the doctor. He is doing okay a year after the initial surgery and that fateful discovery. I keep him in my prayers.

Another friend at church went to another place and for the life of me it is escaping me. I think he is still in the high 300s but losing slowly and steadily. He said that he wanted to be skinny like me.

So, as you are thankful this year, just remember that you are leading by example in this community. There will always be someone who heeds your advice and follows your lead.

Life is good!

Linda
skinnycat
on 11/22/10 10:14 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi, Good Luck to you and have a great holiday. 

Donna
(skinnycat)

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

RedSox15
on 11/30/10 10:37 am - MA
YAY!!! Sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views