so its been awhile and i am slipping

dragonfly777
on 11/12/10 9:57 pm

hello all :-)

Lots happening this year.

I just bougth a house! so thats good

My marriage is rocky at best which is hard but i am okay with it and more ready for it to end than my husband

i am wearing a size 14 and feeling mostly good

I will be 50 next year and i had my bypass surgery June 1 2009. I am down 85 lbs from my heaviest so thats great.

I think I am headed into menopause, hot flashes the last few weeks, and around the same time i noticed that my appetite crept up to where I think it was prior to the surgery. maybe its in my head but i don't think so, but then again i look in the mirror and still see myself at 255lbs so who knows.

i was laid off jan 31 and i haven't had insurance since may so i haven't been back to tufts :-(

what can i do to fix this or does the bypass only get you started and then the pouch stretches?

thanks for your time!
;Lori

ps I am going to start journaling and making exercise a priority, i am still forgetful about my pills.

LisaBC86
on 11/14/10 9:07 am - Bridgewater, MA
YUP - you have had a lot going on !! Congrats on the house !! YEAH - good luck with the marriage - whichever way it goes I hope you find happiness.

Sorry about the insurance - that SUCKS - but remember you must make YOU a priority !! Take your vitamins and stuff - soooo important !! 

I think logging is a great idea and should go a long way into getting you back on track. Exercise is so important too. So now you just have to follow through and DO it !! YOU can !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RedSox15
on 11/16/10 3:38 am - MA
Oh yes, definitely a lot going on!! Sorry to hear about your job and insurance ... don't you wish we could just ALWAYS pay a $20 co-pay for visits!! Why must everything be sooo damn expensive! LOL

I think that logging your food and exercise definitely sound like a good plan. I've been logging since the day after my surgery and lately I've been hitting a huuuuge stall. When I look at what I eat now compared to what I was eating in March/April it really puts things into perspective.

There isn't much we can say that you don't already know and so that we won't sound like we're beating a dead horse - lol. BUT I wish nothing but the best for you and hope that everything will be going better for you and you get back on track!!!

(((HUGS)))
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jenncore
on 11/18/10 3:29 am - MA
Hi, sorry to hear you have so much going on. I was without insurance for a few months but really needed to see my surgeon due to issues with my lapband. The office was wonderful. I was able to see him and they were very generous with allowing me to pay for the visit when I could afford it. The visit cost $150. I could've paid $10 a month, they didn't care as long as I paid something. Call the office and see if they can work with you. You just might be surprised!

Good luck! I hope things start getting better for you soon!

Jenn
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views