Reminder: HOWL Monday night at Tufts

Penny V.
on 11/12/10 3:14 am - Orleans, MA
So, Stephanie Powers is going to talk about holiday eating. She will have recipes.

Not sure I can make it but I am REALLY going to try.

puffmagicdragon
on 11/12/10 5:17 am
Penny,

You were in my immersion day class.  How are you doing?  How was the surgery/hospital stay?  I hope all went well. 

My surgery is scheduled for Dec. 6th.  Any insights or advice you have would be welcome.

Mary

Mary

270 (HW) / 230 (SW) / 172 (CW)

Penny V.
on 11/12/10 5:45 am - Orleans, MA
Hi Mary,

All went very well. I am doing well, except an issue with one of my incisions, nothing major. Just slow in healing (bad place - just over the belly button).

The surgery went great and the hospital stay was good. I had the surgery on a Tuesday, first of the day. Included hiatal hernia repair. I woke up in my hospital room. Out of bed the first day. Slept most of the day on the second day. When they told me I would go home the next day, I couldn't believe I would be in any shape to do so. Well, I woke up on Thursday and it was like a switch was turned on. Must have been coming out of anesthesia.

Advice for pre-op: Learn to eat and drink SLOWLY. Small bites, chewed many times before swallowing. Sip your water. I always chugged to get caught up and can't do that now - hope to again in the future.

Bring little to the hospital, you won't be reading, maybe a magazine. Bring chapstick and I found Biotene mouthwash (for dry mouth) to be EXTREMELY helpful the first few days. Just don't swallow it. Your mouth will be very dry.

Cut out your caffeine prior to surgery. That way you won't go through withdrawal.

If I think of anything else, I will message you.

Penny

C J
on 11/12/10 8:04 am - Franklin, MA
Yuppers! I'm going... definitely find inspiration in what post-oppers are faced with (the good the bad and the ugly!) 

I've got appointments during the day with Meghan and Dr.Snydman... hopefully my last before I get my date!!
I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

puffmagicdragon
on 11/12/10 8:58 pm
Thanks Penny.  I'm glad you're doing well.  The Biotene idea is great.
Mary
Mary

270 (HW) / 230 (SW) / 172 (CW)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs