FOR MY FELLOW LUVVYS LOL PUMPKIN ENERGY

CATHERINE81
on 11/12/10 4:41 am - BROCKTON, MA

Pumpkin Energy Cookies

2 cups quick cooking oats

1 cup flour  (attention Bariatric friends! You could possibly use another cup of quick oats INSTEAD of this cup of flour…to make it Bariatric worthy:)  I’m going to try it that way next time I make it!

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground allspice (or pumpkin pie spice)

about 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup natural applesauce (Attention Bariatric friends! I would love for one of you to try this with light vanilla yogurt instead of applesauce.  It should work exactly the same way:)

1 cup brown sugar (Bariatric friends & those not wanting extra sugar:  try using Splenda Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup- OR Ideal Brown Sugar)

1 egg

1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin (Libby’s, preferably!)

1 cup chopped walnuts

1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces  (Bariatric friends: use 1/2 cup toasted almonds)

2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed  (this is optional, but I love the taste!  Wheat germ might work just as well here, too!)

1.) In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. Stir and set aside.

2.) In a medium bowl, whisk the applesauce (or yogurt), and the brown sugar (or Splenda).  Add in the egg and pumpkin, mixing well.  Stir in the dry ingredients.  Then fold in the walnuts, dark chocolate (or almonds), and flaxseed.

3.) Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then bake at 350 for 10 – 12 minutes.  These were slightly soft, and even better the second day!  I kept the batter in the refrigerator, and am continuing to make more!

May all your cookies turn into oat and flaxseed-filled chunks-of-energy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views