port

DianeDiBAdams
on 11/2/10 1:56 am - Everett, MA
I had my lap band surgery a week ago. For a couple of days I felt uncomfortable near the port site. It was pulling sort of and I had a burning sensation. Nothing major. I am concerned now that I do not feel anything in that area, and even if I touch it I cannot make out if the port is there. I would think it is very un common for the port to flip or move this early correct? Maybe I am just over thinking this.

Lynn C
on 11/2/10 2:36 am
unless you've been lifting, twisting or turning and felt it go you should be fine. They use four sutures to tack it down. Chances are there is some swelling there now that is causing it be numb and hard to feel. Don't worry, while you adjust to it being there over the next couple of months you'll bump it on everything (counters, seat belts, pants, etc) and it will be sore.

Enjoy being pain free while it lasts.

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

DianeDiBAdams
on 11/2/10 3:36 am - Everett, MA
DianeDiBAdams
on 11/2/10 3:39 am - Everett, MA
Thanks for calming my nerves! Being numb makes sense. I am not looking forward to bumping into things   It is sort of high for that I think, well I hope!
Lynn C
on 11/2/10 5:12 am
LOL I thought the same thing - mine was on my left side above my bellybutton like an inch below my last rib and for the fist couple months I bumped into anything and everthing - I thought I was cursed.

After a while though you just get used to it and it doesn't even phase you.

It will be fine.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

DwindlingFlower
on 11/16/10 10:20 am - Quincy, MA
I did too... I bumped my port into everything!! I found right out of surgery that the port site was very raw and had the sensation of pulling at times. Throughout the years I also found that if I overage my port would hurt, don't ask me why, I don't know. It was hard to feel in the beginning because of the large layer of fat between the port and my skin, but the more weight I lost, the more apparent it was, easier to access as well. Mine was also on my left side below my last rib. I know sometimes they are placing them in the middle instead of off to the side.

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views