Needing some support....

jessicakk
on 10/23/10 4:25 am - Salem, NH
Hello ... Im Jessica, I live in Salem, NH and I had RNY surgery exactly 5 weeks ago in Boston, Ma. I would like to find a post-op support group to go to locally to me. Does anyone have any information on any support groups locally to me or where I work, in the Haverhill area. I need support right now from those who have been through this. Im only getting in about 500-600 calories a day and I practically live on tea and sugar free powerade. It worries me that Im having difficulty getting in my protein that I want. Im hardly ever hungry and that worries me too. Ive lost 24 lbs in 5 weeks and I feel like thats not enough. Im feeling a little down about this. Maybe its the weather. Maybe its other things around me... but it sure would feel so much better to talk to some people who can relate to what Im feeling.

Anyone?

~Jessica
RedSox15
on 10/23/10 6:07 am - MA
Welcome to the MA Board SkinnyCat is just starting up a support group on the North Shore - you can hit her up for some info. 24lbs in 5 weeks is awesome; don't worry about the numbers so much (I know, I know easier said than done!) Getting in protein after the first few weeks will be hard, try not to worry about that either. Get in your liquids and try to increase your protein little by little. Do you like protein shakes? There are sooo many ways to doctor them up to make them tasty!

Welcome to the board - great group of gals here .. please ask away if you have ANY questions !!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jessicakk
on 10/23/10 6:34 am - Salem, NH
North shore ..... like Salem, Ma. Im out by Methuen Ma. Lowell area... and all that. Im in Salem, NH. I like protein shakes if they didnt taste so strange. Ever since the surgery, Ive been having "metal mouth" ugh. Almost like ...everything doesnt taste the way it should. I hate it.

I read about the Holiday Party in Bridgewater. I grew up in West Bridgewater. I may go to it. I doubt my man would want to join me. He's really not into social stuff. I am though. I really wont know anyone there, but a couple of people from the forum.... but I still would love to go.

Jessica
Lynn C
on 10/23/10 7:23 am
we would love for you to come to the holiday party - the more the merrier!! Finding a live support group is very important IMO - I'm not to good with the towns north of here but is Quincy in your range? Flower has a group that meets in Quincy the first Wednesday of the month.

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Jojeki
on 10/23/10 12:18 pm - Fall River, MA
Hey Jess Seems like we are going through the same questions of weight.  I lost 24 lbs initially and only about 1 lb in the last 3 weeks.  I know the frustration like you just want the scale to move.  I am getting better slow but sure with eating more protein.  Although today was not a good eating day, stomach and rest of my body just was not into eating, not sure if I am coming down with something or just one of those days.   Unless something comes up with the family I am hoping to go to the MA holiday party so hope to see you there.

Dawn
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

DwindlingFlower
on 10/23/10 12:51 pm - Quincy, MA
If your looking for something really close perhaps try posting to the NH forum as well, just a suggestion, but know this.... rule #1 of WLS is dont judge your rate or weight loss against any one elses rate of weight loss. Every one of us is individual with different things going on, different starting BMI, and health complications so take your weightloss for what it is.... LOSS!! which is great. Stalls are normal too so dont freak out if you stall, it happens to everyone!!!  Rule #2 of WLS is it will be practically impossible to get your full amount of recommended protein in for the first 3 months if not longer.... that is normal too, it sounds like your putting too much pressure on yourself. Just keep up with your liquid intake, water, tea, diet juice, ect. dont forget your protein shakes count towards your liquid intake as well, and if your having trouble with your protein shakes, speak up, we all have tons of recipes we love that may be able to help you.

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views