Almost passed out....... ( warning.. this post is explicit)

jessicakk
on 10/23/10 5:13 am - Salem, NH
About a week and a half ago, I had to take my cat to the vets. When I got there and I was standing at the checking in desk, I felt a lil lightheaded. I felt a rush of weakness all of a sudden, so I had the tech grab my cat and I had to sit. It really didnt help much. Then within minutes, I got called into the room. So, there I was sitting the the exam room with my cat (which by the way was really sick. He ended up having emergency surgery within one hour of being there... really stressed me out. I felt like I was losing my baby) Anyway, the vet came in and apparently the tech told the vet that I was not feeling well also, ... THEN... ALL OF A SUDDEN.... out of know where,... while the vet was talking to me, I felt myself losing consciousness... I was sort of blacking out. .... The vet grabbed me as I was about to fall. I woke up .... sort of came out of it... and said I needed to go to the bathroom. I was so embarrassed. I was so fatigued... when I went to the bathroom, .... I had the worst bowel movement EVER.... It was scary and I dont know what it was completely to this day.

My hubby says I was dehydrated, he got me pedialyte and a case of powerade zero. That helped me feel better. But it took 3 days to recoop.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone post-op?

Jessica
RedSox15
on 10/23/10 5:59 am - MA
Hi Jessica,

I haven't had this happen and I'm so sorry it happened to you!!  I hope you are feeling better now ..... 
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jessicakk
on 10/23/10 6:28 am - Salem, NH
Feeling a lot better now, but if it wasnt for the Powerade and the Pedialyte, I dont know what would have happened.

Thanks ....

Jessica
Lynn C
on 10/23/10 7:27 am
Wow, scary. It could be a few things - dehydration or low blood sugar, maybe even stress? Did you ask your doctors office? They may have suggestions to keep it from happening again? If it happens again I would let them know.

Good luck and be careful.

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

Katie H.
on 10/23/10 9:48 am - Charlton, MA
I've passed out a few times, and it was always due to dehydration for me.  I had been drinking lots of coffee - which TOTALLY does not count at a liquid (that's what my surgeon told me).  I had been hitting my protein goals, but hadn't been getting in enough liquids.  I'd schedule an appt with either your nutritionist or surgeon just to make sure and rule out anything else though....better safe than sorry!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Sue M.
on 10/24/10 12:39 pm - Nantucket, MA
Scary!  And I echo the others *****commend talking to your surgeon. 

Hope you are feeling better!  (and your cat too!!!)
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
jessicakk
on 10/25/10 8:26 am, edited 10/25/10 8:26 am - Salem, NH
Thank you Sue, so far Im feeling a lot better. ....and my cat is doing so much better.

anewleaf
on 11/28/10 10:19 am
That sucks!  

I am a fainter, have been since my period started at ten!  If I'm sick or I am getting better and do a little too much I pass out.  If I get bad cramps, I pass out.  It sucks. 

Since surgery there have been a few instances where this has happened to me.  Yesterday was bad.  I did a 5K in the morning and had asthma attacks all day.  Nothing was helping.  I started with cold symptoms today, so it makes sense to me now why I kept on getting extremely lightheaded and dizzy.  My first cold in over a year.. so I can't complain.  But it is so scary with the fainting business.  I do notice it happens to me now if I have not had enough fluids and if I have done a lot of exercise and not eaten enough before or after exercising.  We have to be really careful and I'm still not used to that part of it.

Hope you are feeling better soon and hope your kitty is okay!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views