Christmas Get Together

LisaBC86
on 10/14/10 10:03 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hello all - Lynn, Kate and I had an idea.... We would love to have a Christmas Get Together... Last year we had one at my home and we had lots of fun - this year we're thinking of stepping it up a bit....
We were thinking we might have it at a hall .... here are some questions for you all ?

We were thinking of spouses / significant others this year ? anyone interested or prefer to have it just us ?

Lots of people have commented that they would like a chance to "dress up" so we could do a more formal event - or just casual ? your thoughts.....

There would probably be a small charge to cover the hall rental, a dj and other incidentals - in addition we thought we could keep costs down if we all bring WLS friendly food.....

In addition not sure how fancy the hall would be - would that be a downer on the dressing up ? There is still a lot to be done - just wanted to put it out there and see what the intersest would me and if we should bother going forward with it......

Looking to hear from all of you on this board and surrounding states if you're willing to travel.....

Lisa

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Just Brooke
on 10/14/10 11:11 am
Here's the deal ...my partner and I both have had surgery, and I'm a photographer ...so there ya go!! We'll come and I'll photograph the event! 

LisaBC86
on 10/14/10 7:15 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Great Brooke ! That would be awesome !

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Just Brooke
on 10/14/10 11:13 am
My weight loss center is having a Christmas party/chilli cook off. Maybe we could do something like that ...everyone bring their fave chilli and we can vote on our fave ...just throwing a suggestion out.

LisaBC86
on 10/14/10 7:16 pm - Bridgewater, MA
lol this is a great idea - we are actually already doing that at one of our meetings ! So....Great suggestion though. Keep them coming !

Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

OH Support Group Leader
Jojeki
on 10/14/10 11:57 am - Fall River, MA

I think it would be nice to meet the people I have been chatting with and as long as it doesn't interfere with other events going on I would like to attend. 

Significant others / spouses would be ok. 

As far as dressing up, hey it's a party and gives us an excuse to show off our hard work.

I personally do not eat chili and I think a varied menu would be much better as opposed to only one thing for a menu.

Paying a small charge would be acceptable for me.

Dawn

HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

judex
on 10/14/10 10:15 pm
Cool. I am interested.

jude
jugilber
on 10/15/10 12:43 am - MA
Rock on sister friend...as you know, dressing up for me is most peoples casual...  =)
You know we will try our best to be there....Ella will be sad she couldnt go though =(  just kidding.....
Yeah let us know what you need from us...
Julie

CATHERINE81
on 10/15/10 1:57 am - BROCKTON, MA
lisa my friend is a dj and could use the money do yiu want me ti ask him
RedSox15
on 10/15/10 8:02 am - MA
I AM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by