immersion day @ Tufts

Joanne77
on 10/11/10 11:24 pm
I'm scheduled for next Tuesday!  I'm excited and nervous, I feel like this will be the no turning back point, not that I want to, but I think this will make it seem so real. 
Any advice for the day or things to expect?  How long after your immersion day did you schedule your surgery?  I think I have to have an appt. with the surgeon first and I have my second appt. w/ the nut scheduled for mid Nov. so I assume nothing will happen until after that.
cmchugh_723
on 10/12/10 1:35 am - Kingston, MA
Immersion Day at Tufts is great!  They just go over everything and they give you this book for after surgery that goes over in detail all the stages with sample menus's.  I used it every day.  I went to Immersion Day in June.  They tried to schedule my surgery for early August but I had to hold off and had it on 9/7/10.  Good Luck! 
RedSox15
on 10/12/10 2:11 am - MA
Immersion day was great ! VERY informative and they went over EVERYTHING! I had immersion day in Sept; met w/ the psych in Sept; Nut in Oct; Surgeon and medical doctor in November; surgery in December !

I owe Dr. Shikora my life!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

jacobismommy
on 10/12/10 4:33 am - MA
I will be attending the same immersion day!! It is so exciting to be that much closer to surgery :) see you there!!
C J
on 10/12/10 7:28 am - Franklin, MA
Immersion was a great day, in my opinion you can not go over the risks and benefits enough! As a group you'll sit with a Nutritionist, Pscyhologist and Surgeon each for about an hour or so.

I attended Immersion Day last Tuesday the 5th.  After checking in, you'll meet with Lindsay -she'll check your records and schedule more of the required appointments (if you still need them).  From what I understand after you meet with your surgeon your put on a "waiting list" and the list is reviewed every Wednesday to determine who is "ready" as in all requiremnets have been met... then you'll get ur date... I'm guessing not more than a month or two from there you'll be on your way!  She said they're still scheduling in November. I'm hoping for end of November/Early December myself but don't meet with my surgeon until the 20th.  Oh and the book/handout thingy is going to be very helpful!

Oh - if your insurance requires co-payments you'll have two due that day
And if you park in the Tufts Garage, your parking will be validated/FREE for the entire day!!

I've been declared a slow loser - and couldn't be happier!!
 I  can,  I  will.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 681 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2251 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4438 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4574 views