Casual support groups / get togethers

freedmam
on 10/11/10 12:46 am - Somerville, MA
Hi all,
Apologies if this has been asked and answered a 100 times.  I'm looking for a casual support group in the Boston area to join.  I'd prefer something not connected to a Dr. or a hospital as I'm looking for a more intimate setting.  (I imagine just a group of friends getting together discussing how they're all doing).  I'll still go to my Surgeon's sessions once a month...but they're more akin to an information session than a support group. 

I work in Needham...live in Cambridge / Somerville...happy to travel within the 128 metro area. 

I don't know anyone in real life going through this and I know I'll be so much more successful if I have some live support every now and again.

A bit more about me in case it's helpful.  Early 30s, female, working professional.  RNY scheduled for November 1st!  (I can't wait!)

If there's not already something like this, would anyone be interested in meeting up?

RedSox15
on 10/11/10 1:53 am - MA
Why hello Welcome to the MA board .. great group of gals here!! I'm sure there's gotta be some local groups up in the Needham/Boston area for you ... I go to an awesome local group but we are in Bridgewater .. not far from Boston but not as close as you'd like!

Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! Nov 1st will be here before you know it - great support on this board and let us know if we can help in ANY WAY!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Lynn C
on 10/11/10 3:10 am

Flower has a meeting - Second Tuesday of the month in Quincy I believe (sorry if I got the night wrong).  You should PM her for details if the location works for you!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/dwindlingflower/

Good luck!

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

RedSox15
on 10/11/10 5:31 am, edited 10/11/10 5:39 am - MA
Yupp - Lynn got the date wrong Luv ya Lynn ~!

It's on a Wednesday! hehe

Flower is AWESOME and so are her meeting!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Lynn C
on 10/11/10 6:18 am

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

skinnycat
on 10/11/10 11:20 pm - Peabody, MA
Hi.

My name is Donna Kelley and I started training yesterday to start a weekly support group north of Boston.  I live in Peabody.  I haven't found a place to hold it as of yet.  I don't think there are too many in MA. 

I just thought i would let you know.

HW: 314 SW: 298 CW : 232 Goal: 160  -My OH magazine discount code is                    KELLEY11 if anyone interested in a subs OH magazine    
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

DwindlingFlower
on 10/12/10 1:15 am - Quincy, MA
Yep Yep... In fact I am about to post a reminder for my meeting.... Its the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 6pm at my house in Quincy. I have a dog and a cat so allergies beware lol. But its always a lot of fun and informative as well.  If youd like to attend just message me and I will send you my address and phone number!!

DwindlingFlower

freedmam
on 10/12/10 2:00 am - Somerville, MA
Thanks so much everyone for the replies...I'll definitely try to join the Quincy group!  (And maybe the Peabody group too when you're able to kick it off)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views