2 Week Post Surgery Follow Up

Jojeki
on 9/30/10 6:14 am - Fall River, MA
I met with the surgeon today and was told I need to not only up my fluid intake but I also need to make sure I get in gatorade G2, powerade, propel or something similar that has sodium in it.  He said that the problems I am having feeling weak, lightheaded, heart racing, feeling clamy some times is due to my blood pressure dropping and I need the electrolytes, etc.  I am not a Gatorade drinker by nature but you gotta do what you gotta do!

The nutritionist said that my limited food intake is normal especially given that there were several procedures done at once.  I had to have scar tissue removed, the old hernia repair taken down, a new hernia repair done, repair to bottom of my esophagus and the RNY performed.  I do need to up my protein (as well as the liquid issue stated above).  She gave me a sample of the unflavored Unjury to try so I will see how that goes.

Thank goodness, approximately 2 more weeks and I can add in veggies (if tolerated).  I am easily getting bored eating the same foods over and over.  Then again, it beats an all liquid diet!
HW: 271.5  SW: 246  CW: 172.8  GW: 145

RedSox15
on 9/30/10 6:25 am - MA
Yay! Glad to hear all is going well .. when I saw my psych and told him I was getting very weak he also told me to get in more sodium. It actually helped! Try the Powerade Zero - tastes great and has no calories! G2 has calories ... I still drink it sometimes but would prefer the Powerade Zero b/c of 0
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Lynn C
on 9/30/10 12:27 pm
I have soup at least once a day so sodium has been no problem here. Hope it helps with your symptoms.

I can totally relate to the "food boredom", I am so tired of soup, yogurt, protein shake....blahhh. Just a few more days to mushies

Lynn C ~
Banded 9/12/2005 ~ Revision to VSG on 9/7/2010 ~ Losing again with a Keto lifestyle

jessicakk
on 10/23/10 4:49 am - Salem, NH
I just advanced to Stage 4 diet and my dietician says I should be taking in at least 1000 calories a day.... how is that even possible????? As far as the powerade zero or G2 is concerned.... IT TOTALLY WORKS! As long as you drink it all day long... you will not feel as weak. You will know that the electrolytes are working in your body well. That is so important to get in.

Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 682 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views